Kiekaefer Tabs >

Kiekaefer Tabs

Notices

Kiekaefer Tabs

Old 09-03-2002, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kiekaefer Tabs

I need a pump for a Kiekaefer 150s tim tab. Does anyone know if there is a parts catalog online that has a good selection of the Kiekaefer line?
Where should I go?
Old 09-03-2002, 11:41 AM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

http://www.mercruiserparts.com/selec..._nbr=41573+94H
Old 09-03-2002, 01:03 PM
Registered

Klaw, Thanks for the link.
It apparently is a model 110S. I got the other number from the shop where the boat is currently sitting.
Here is the deal.
My mechanic removed the motor (only) and discovered it was ceased. He ordered a new motor and gave me the boat back. The following weekend when the motor came in and I went to install it I relized they never replaced the old one. I was told this electric motor just sat on top of the housing (which they thought was a screw mechanism) and it will work fine. NOT. Apparently there are more parts inside the "pump assembly" then originally thought. The price for a new pump list for $386 so I think its worth pulling this one appart to see what bounced lose.
Anyone have an idea whats insde the pump?

Sorry, pump p/n is 847245A1
Old 09-05-2002, 10:32 AM
Registered

Boat should be back next weekend.
Please help me out on this one so I can have it done before it hits the water. At worst it gets pulled and disected to find the problem. Just wondering if there could be missing parts being it was not reassembled when the boat was run.
Thanks
Old 09-05-2002, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yo Tantrum, why do you think the pump is bad? The mechanic said the motor was shot, right? Just put a new motor on top of the pump. I don't quite understand your concern with the pump. I replaced one of my tab pump motors, no big deal, pretty easy. I have never been into the pump but I have seen many other small hydraulic pumps. Not much in there that can go wrong except for seals. Am I not understanding your problem??
Old 09-05-2002, 07:31 PM
Registered

I already tried that.
I didnt realize they didnt put the old motor back until I recieved the new one and went to install it. The shaft comming out of the electric motor is flat on one side. I would think it has to match up to a another flat sided shaft (spoon) to actuate the tab. When I wiggle the motor into place and tighten it down, it runs, but no response from the tab. I took it on and off a dozen times. Tried holding it and moving it around...nothing. My assumption (I dont like doing that) is that something came apart inside while it was half apart. question is what. I dont have any problem taking it apart but I would like to have an idea what it is supposed to look like so I know if Im missing parts. Klaws' link shows the pump but no breakdown.
Looking like Im going to have to pull it apart blind.

One more, the mechanic didnt even relize the pump was hydrolic, he thought it was a screw mechanism. The first time I put it in he insisted it was dry until I made him get in the boat and put his finger in the hydrolic fluid in the other tab. That is why Im here looking for answers and not there.

Last edited by Tantrum; 09-05-2002 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:09 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default K plane update

between the electric motor and the pumpt is an adaptor that allows missalignment of the two sharts and it runs in an O seal Im trying to replace.

This item is missing