Gasket kits question... >

Gasket kits question...

Notices

Gasket kits question...

Old 04-20-2015, 09:13 AM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Gasket kits question...

Im undergoing a rebuild on my Gen IV rebuild and need a full gasket kit... I want to go with a MLS head gasket though...
Having a hard time finding a kit with the MLS though...
I dont think this Fel-Pro http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fel-17241 is MLS, is it??

If not, would this Fel-Pro http://www.summitracing.com/parts/fel-2815 kit work even though its not labeled as marine? But damn its $268, but that what makes me think the head gaskets are
MLS

Otherwise, or also, can someone recommend a better complete engine gasket kit with MLS head gaskets?? Fel-Pro or any other brand??

Thanks in advance...
Chris
Old 04-23-2015, 04:02 PM
Registered

Anyone?? :-/ Lol

Looking for a gasket kit to refresh an entire std bore mark iv 454... recommendations, or should I just buy everything individually?
Old 04-23-2015, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 1,488 Likes on 804 Posts

Go to cp performance.com. Excellent place to get all your boating needs. I think you'll find several kits on summit and jegs that you'll end up not using over half the stuff that comes with anyway. Otherwise just purchase individually. That's my advice anyway.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:56 PM
Registered

Received 1,488 Likes on 804 Posts

Cp performance ships quickly also. A little pricier on shipping however excellent on returns etc. plus it's just fun navigating around on their site building a wish list when not bldg your engine.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:10 PM
Registered

Thanks! I was looking at CPP sets earlier but want sure of the brand or specifics... but maybe I'll snatch one of them up
Old 04-23-2015, 08:13 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Make sure the heads and block have the proper RA finish to match what the gasket requires.
Old 04-27-2015, 09:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Go to cp performance.com. Excellent place to get all your boating needs. I think you'll find several kits on summit and jegs that you'll end up not using over half the stuff that comes with anyway. Otherwise just purchase individually. That's my advice anyway.
Originally Posted by getrdunn
Cp performance ships quickly also. A little pricier on shipping however excellent on returns etc. plus it's just fun navigating around on their site building a wish list when not bldg your engine.
I looked more into the CPP kits and the only thing I notice that Im not liking is it doesnt look like the head gaskets are cut out for the second water jacket by the rear of the motor... Both my block and heads are designed with the 2 water jackets. IDK why theres a difference, but seems like most gaskets from the H.O. Mag motor dont have the 2nd water jackets, where my stock 330HP has both.... weird

Originally Posted by Black Baja
Make sure the heads and block have the proper RA finish to match what the gasket requires.
Black Baja.... I will definetely figure that out with the machine shop... They originally told me to use some good Fel Pro Marine head gaskets, but not MLS as they have had better success with the FP Marine... maybe this is BC of poor RA finish? Ill find out though, as I prefer the MLS gaskets.