Recommended fuel line sizes to support NA 575 HP >

Recommended fuel line sizes to support NA 575 HP

Notices

Recommended fuel line sizes to support NA 575 HP

Old 05-16-2015, 06:25 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I doubt the return bung has a pickup tube welded on it in the tank.
Old 05-16-2015, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bud, rip the old one off. Get the drill out and drill the rest of it out. If the old tube falls in the tank no big deal. Tap the remainder of the bung to the new size pickup and call it a day. It will drill like butter. It's aluminum...
Old 05-16-2015, 06:48 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,090 Likes on 1,392 Posts

Crawfoots suk..including no real leveage......nothing else will go on it ????

I'm assuming that little add a filter is for your fuel tank transfer pump to drain fuel ?

If that is actually how the boat is rigged, you may have better results if you get rid of it.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have over 750+HP NA running -6 lines from the tank. At WOT at over 6500 RPM we hold a min of 6.0 to 6.5 FP (can't remember). My suggestion is to not change your fuel lines and put a FP gauge(s) either at the carb to test or permanently on the dash. If you have steady FP, this is all you need. If you want to confirm your AFR, put bungs in your exhaust tails to measure your AFR.
Old 05-16-2015, 07:20 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Crawfoots suk..including no real leveage......nothing else will go on it ????

I'm assuming that little add a filter is for your fuel tank transfer pump to drain fuel ?

If that is actually how the boat is rigged, you may have better results if you get rid of it.
I have a 1/2" drive socket I notched to fit over the pick-up. Then you can hit it with a 1/2" impact gun.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
Yes, I run 140's at 8-9psi was @ 600HP.
I only use Holley electrics for liquid transfer pumps.

mike tkach I have a pair of these on there way via mail for my EFI blower build. Can you have over kill when it comes to fuel pump? I'm going to be returning more to the tank than into the engine. lol
http://aeromotiveinc.com/products-pa...tor-fuel-pump/
those are good pumps.imo they will work well if used with the right regulators.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Okay, so I went back out there and slipped a 15/16ths socket over the pickup fitting and put my breaker bar on there and wrenched it out of there. Sure as hell, the aluminum threads galled up and stripped off the pickup. Now I am probably going to have to find a tap big enough to clean up the threads on the tank bung for the new pickup tube / fitting. Fok!

To make matters worse, the location of the original pickup is slightly under the floor up above it - to the point where there is not much of a way to get a tap in there and hold it straight. I would have to pull the back seat and the access panel over the fuel tank to give me a good shot at doing this. At this point I am real tempted to just use the other bung for my new pickup and crank my plug into the galled up original location with a liberal coating of gas resistant sealant. Not sure how comfortable I am with that scenario - don't want to be out in 4 footers with a full tank to have that fitting start leaking on me.

Can I have something go right on this damned boat?
Old 05-16-2015, 11:06 PM
Registered

Anyone have an idea where I would locate a tap to fix the threads on that bung? Probably a 3/8" or 1/2" pipe thread from the look of it.
Old 05-16-2015, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anywhere that sells machine supplies. MSC, McMaster, travers
Old 05-17-2015, 10:39 AM
Registered

Did a quick search and it looks like the taps are available many places. Going to try some of my friends to see if they have one laying around - probably a common item on a plumber's truck. Also, HorribleFreight looks like they have a cheap set, which would probably work fine cutting through a soft metal like aluminum. Stay tuned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.