What Engine Oil for Superchaged Engine?

Notices

What Engine Oil for Superchaged Engine?

Old 06-11-2015, 05:05 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,088 Likes on 1,390 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I'm sure you guys are referring to Icdedppl's video.
I am not.

I would not point him out for anything for obvious reason's.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:09 PM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by abones
Its really too bad! this guy comes on to ask a question and now once again it turns to crap.. I don't understand the reason!
Oil threads on all boards do this. Reason is, we all have opinions and none of us are oil engineeers nor testers.

I can say this, I only know of one person ever that had engine wear problems because of the oil he used, and this was a non oiling thru the pushrod 2k+ horsepower alcohol motor....having pushrod to rocker arm wear issues.

That said, I like VR1 for many engines and I like ROtella/Delo 15w40 for many other engines.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:16 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i almost feel sorry for the op.asking a oil related question around here is like playing with fire.imo,things like bearing clearance,hp level,max rpm and type of boat and intended use all contribute to what oil is best for the application.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:19 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Nothing beats FRESH oil and a good maintenance schedule. fancy oil will do nothing for helping poor machine work, poor assembly, poor rigging, or a poor tune up.

I say go with a quality brand oil and filter, keep it clean, dont overheat it, dont overcool it and go have fun.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Nothing beats FRESH oil and a good maintenance schedule. fancy oil will do nothing for helping poor machine work, poor assembly, poor rigging, or a poor tune up.

I say go with a quality brand oil and filter, keep it clean, dont overheat it, dont overcool it and go have fun.
good advice!i have seen drain oil so nasty i wondered how the thing still ran.i won,t mention any names but i know a guy who had 150 hrs on his oil in his single engine boat and had no issues.after i scolded him he now changes oil and filter at 50 hrs,he just didn,t know any better.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 4,235 Likes on 1,216 Posts

This is hard to beat .. I get em shipped right to my house.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-15...ingMethod=p13n
Old 06-11-2015, 05:38 PM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
good advice!i have seen drain oil so nasty i wondered how the thing still ran.i won,t mention any names but i know a guy who had 150 hrs on his oil in his single engine boat and had no issues.after i scolded him he now changes oil and filter at 50 hrs,he just didn,t know any better.
I was asked to come look at a boat and diagnose an idle issue...wouldn't stay idling when warmed up.

502MPI.

Found the typical regulator vac hose off. Okay, fixed that. Not much better.

Ticking noise from driver's side valve cover was slightly on my mind - enough to notice, but not to check out yet.

Checked oil. Very dark. Weird thing was that the oil was very thin....never really see oil that thin, even in cars that come to my shop for oil change and right off the street plenty hot.

Oil smelled like fuel, like fking big time ! Scary !

Had oil and my extractor in back of my truck, no filter, and did a quicky oil change cause it stunned me how thin from fuel this oil was.

Asked the guy when oil change was done. He said he pays his marina to do it every spring along with spark plugs and such.

Okay, new oil in (15w40 Rotella if you must know) and engine runs like there is no issue. Valve ticking noise is gone.

I come back later to change oil again and of course filter.

Guess fuking what ? Oil filter had never been changed since boat was new.Had the new markings on it from the manufacuturer. Guessing the oil neither.

Holy schit !

Thought the guy assumed marina was charging him for LOF and tune up, but he later showed me his spring put in water receipts. He was paying for them. Was itemized right in each bill.

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Motor still stayed together after all that. Obviously I changed plugs/cap/rotor/fuel filter, and serviced everything shortly after.

Lost some faith there.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:15 PM
SB
Registered

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
This is hard to beat .. I get em shipped right to my house.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Mobil-1-15...ingMethod=p13n
Schweet !
Old 06-11-2015, 06:30 PM
SB
Registered

From Mobil's site and Product Data Sheet : http://mobil1racingstore.com/mo115sin.html

Mobil 1 15W-50

Back by popular demand, Mobil 1® 15W-50's high viscosity provides outstanding performance in high-revving, high-temperature conditions.

Mobil 1 15W-50 exceeds warranty requirements for gasoline engines where an API certified oil is specified. It meets: •API SM/SL
•Requirements for Diesel Powered Vehicles where an API CF or API CD is recommended
•Provides extra anti-wear additive for older vehicles

Mobil 1 15W-50 is formulated with SuperSyn, an extra-high viscosity synthetic fluid, plus extra anti-wear additive to provide extra protection for severe service applications such as towing, hauling and racing. Mobil 1 15W-50 is recommended for high performance vehicles including turbocharged and supercharged engines where a thicker oil film is desired.

Mobil 1 15W-50 is also recommended for older valve train designs that may benefit from a higher level of anti-wear normally not required for newer generation vehicles. Mobil 1 15W-50 will also provide better anti-wear protection for higher valve spring tensions in certain racing engines.

Mobil 1™ 15W-50

Advanced Full Synthetic Engine Oil

Product Description

Mobil 1™ 15W-50 is an advanced full synthetic engine oil designed to help provide exceptional wear protection for a smooth driving experience. Mobil 1 15W-50 meets or exceeds the requirements of the industry and car manufacturers' standards required for high-performance turbo-charged, supercharged gasoline and diesel multi-valve fuel injected engines. Mobil 1 15W-50 is a winning, race-proven technology. It is especially suited for a wide variety of motorsports applications, towing, and other severe service situations. Mobil 1 15W-50 helps to provide outstanding engine oil performance and protection for the winning edge. Mobil 1 is the official motor oil of NASCAR.

Features and Potential Benefits

Mobil 1 15W-50 is made with a proprietary blend of ultra high performance synthetic basestocks fortified with a precisely balanced component system. Mobil 1 15W-50's heavier viscosity together with this high-performance component system helps to provide the ultimate in dynamic lubricant protection. This feature is supported, not only by meeting or exceeding the toughest industry performance standards, but also it is proven in gruelling racing applications. Key features and potential benefits include:

Features

Advantages and Potential Benefits

Advanced Full synthetic formula Helps prevent deposits and sludge build-up to enable long engine life Excellent overall lubrication and wear protection performance for many driving styles
Outstanding thermal and oxidation stability Outstanding performance during the maximum oil change interval recommended in a vehicle’s owners manual
Extra anti-wear additive Extra protection for severe service

Applications

Mobil 1 15W-50 is recommended for all types of vehicles, suitable for use in high-performance turbo-charged, supercharged gasoline and diesel multi-valve fuel injected engines found in passenger cars, light vans and trucks.
•Mobil 1 15W-50 is suitable extreme engine stress conditions, where conventional oil often may not perform.
•Mobil 1 15W-50 is not recommended for 2-Cycle or aviation engines, unless specifically approved by the manufacturer.

Specifications and Approvals

Mobil 1 15W-50 meets or exceeds the requirements of:

API SN, SM, SL, SJ
ACEA A3/B3

According to ExxonMobil, Mobil 1 15W-50 is of the following quality level:

API CF

Typical Properties

Mobil 1 15W-50

SAE Grade 15W-50
Viscosity @ 100ºC, cSt (ASTM D445) 18
Viscosity, @ 40ºC, cSt (ASTM D445) 125
Viscosity Index 160
Sulfated Ash, wt% (ASTM D874) 1.21
HTHS Viscosity, mPa•s @ 150ºC (ASTM D4683) 4.5
Pour Point, ºC (ASTM D97) -39
Flash Point, ºC (ASTM D92) 232
Density @15.6º C g/ml ASTM D4052) 0.87
Old 06-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 414 Likes on 249 Posts

Our oil engineer and tester got banned if you remember, when he couldn't get his one of a kind 496 built.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.