Walmart oil prices..... >

Walmart oil prices.....

Notices

Walmart oil prices.....

Old 06-16-2015, 01:30 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

The 15w-50 silver cap in 5 qt jugs is a Walmart only item.
The other weights are available at other retailers.
Old 06-16-2015, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike tkach
yep,and the nitto tires wallmart put on my truck are different than the ones discount tire sells and the oscar meyer balogni is different than the oscar meyer products that jewel food store sells.i could go on and on but i think i made my point.
Tires really are made different for different customers. I work at the Nissan Smyrna plant and they build us spec(cheap) tires, same label, etc....but they do it to get the contract. I paid $17 for the GTX 20-50 last week. Orielly was $22 but they gave you a $2 oil filter... Oil is oil am sure......I did not see a walmart name on this bottle though...
Old 06-16-2015, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by buck35
When all of the small businesses close shop that carried hard to find made in america things , let me know what you think about that couple bucks you saved .
Touche'
Old 06-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Registered

Received 417 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
The 15w-50 silver cap in 5 qt jugs is a Walmart only item.
The other weights are available at other retailers.
I have purchased Mobile 1 15-50 silver cap in Autozone. Pep Boys also sells it. I'm sure others do as well. A lot of local auto stores stopped carrying the 15-50 as I assume there isn't that big of a market for it anymore with most newer engines running thinner oil.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:06 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyo
Touche'
To what? GNP is now at 17 trillion. Every year it goes up. Only year it did not was 2009.

Not defending Walmart, but Christ why should anybody pay 36 bucks a O'Really when Walmart has it for 26? I have multiple 8 quart cars so when I buy, it's usually 6-10 jugs.

That I can spend my savings on American made craft beer, or Cuban made cigars, or Scotch made scotch, or whatever.

The argument that Walmart hurts business is ludicrous. Let's go communist and control the FREE ECONOMY. Yes sir, outlaw Walmart because Sammy took the American Dream by the balls and became wildly successful. He understood competition like none other. Maybe if mom and pop did the same, they would also be successful. Fred Meijer did. As have many others.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 317 Likes on 174 Posts

Ditto. I for one get tired of people bashing Walmart for being successful. I also respect them because they support their people and like to promote from within.

Padraig
Old 06-16-2015, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by buck35
When all of the small businesses close shop that carried hard to find made in america things , let me know what you think about that couple bucks you saved .
I've been in plenty of small business's that carry knick knack overpriced foreign crap. Also why should one head to a pricey department store for a pair of the same Nicaraguan made undies that Walmart has for plenty less?
Originally Posted by waybomb

The argument that Walmart hurts business is ludicrous. Let's go communist and control the FREE ECONOMY. Yes sir, outlaw Walmart because Sammy took the American Dream by the balls and became wildly successful. He understood competition like none other. Maybe if mom and pop did the same, they would also be successful. Fred Meijer did. As have many others.
X a million!
Sam Walton WAS a small business man for a while until he did the above.
I hope none of these same "BIG" Walmart bashers shop at Home Depot, Menards, Lowes either, for Heavens sake they are running off the mom and pop hardware stores.