Walmart oil prices..... >

Walmart oil prices.....

Notices

Walmart oil prices.....

Old 06-11-2015, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Walmart oil prices.....

Is there a difference between walmart Castrol GTX oil and auto parts stores?? THey are $7 dollars a 5qt jug cheaper than Orielly's and autozone. GTX 20w-50 is Approx $15 at walmart and $22 at parts store...
Old 06-11-2015, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Same stuff. I buy Mobil 1 at Walmart for my Truck and wife's car. Save about $30 an oil change and I have a Diamond account with the auto parts store...
Old 06-11-2015, 03:40 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,108 Likes on 1,401 Posts

Great pricing on Mobil 1. Most flavors are around $26 or so for a jug.
Old 06-11-2015, 03:47 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,108 Likes on 1,401 Posts

$16 with free 2 shipping if member:
Old 06-11-2015, 06:53 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I got to the point, that I rarely shop at these chain parts stores anymore. Most lines of products they carry are now things like "duralast", "murray", "tough one" and whatever other house labels they carry now. They simply did this to avoid price matching imo.

This week I ordered a AC condenser for my Lincoln. Oreillys wanted 140 bucks, autozone about the same, and advance 180 bucks. Amazon, 80 bucks, free shipping, and it was a BRAND name, not "tough one" or god knows what. Plus I don't have to deal with some nitwit who ask's if my truck is 4 wheel drive or 2 wheel drive, when I am purchasing a tail light bulb. And NO, I don't need any fuel injector cleaner today.

Same reason I shop at rockauto so much for my car parts. I like names like Wagner, Bendix, raybestos, AC delco, motorcraft, mopar, timken, skf, etc, and they have those parts in stock at prices less than the "house garbage" they sell at the chain stores. I even buy spark plugs, filters,
Old 06-11-2015, 08:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Same reason I shop at rockauto so much for my car parts. I like names like Wagner, Bendix, raybestos, AC delco, motorcraft, mopar, timken, skf, etc, and they have those parts in stock at prices less than the "house garbage" they sell at the chain stores. I even buy spark plugs, filters,
Mmmmm, Timken.

Plus you can shop by description online- 7/16" v belt, 54" long, go.

At the Autoreillyvance you get- we don't carry Fountain parts....

Dumbasses.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:04 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I got to the point, that I rarely shop at these chain parts stores anymore. Most lines of products they carry are now things like "duralast", "murray", "tough one" and whatever other house labels they carry now. They simply did this to avoid price matching imo.

This week I ordered a AC condenser for my Lincoln. Oreillys wanted 140 bucks, autozone about the same, and advance 180 bucks. Amazon, 80 bucks, free shipping, and it was a BRAND name, not "tough one" or god knows what. Plus I don't have to deal with some nitwit who ask's if my truck is 4 wheel drive or 2 wheel drive, when I am purchasing a tail light bulb. And NO, I don't need any fuel injector cleaner today.

Failing to see how this is relevant to this thread.
To tie it back, you can buy the Mobil1 online from Wal*Mart, at this smoking deal; and you don't have to step foot in the store. Buy two jugs and it's free shipping.
If I didn't have a shelf full of it from the last time they had it on sale; I'd be stocking up again.

Also, FWIW, a lot of those chain stores like Advance Auto, Napa, AutoZone offer and honor a military discount.
That really earns my business. Every one I mentioned above; and a few others, don't even ask to see my ID anymore.
Old 06-11-2015, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

They started selling Rotella T at my local home depot.
Old 06-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

out drive gear lube is cheaper at wally world too.... About 5 bucks a qt cheaper...
Old 06-12-2015, 01:10 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

Walmart is a necessary evil for me. I don't buy much there, but between Mobil 1 15-50 oil and QS HP gear lube, I save about $100.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.