Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Does this motor look rebuilt >

Does this motor look rebuilt

Notices

Does this motor look rebuilt

Old 08-02-2015, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Detonation most certainly will eat the bearings out. That's usually the first thing too go. If it's bad enough it will push the crank completely out. I've done it!! Had too have new main caps and align bored. 5 and 7 cylinders fired together and oil pressure went from 80 to 5 in a split second at 5500. If I'm wrong someone correct me but detonation usually will eat a bearing before piston from my experience or luck..
Old 08-02-2015, 09:25 PM
Registered

Still using Pistons also that look brand new from detonated motor
Old 08-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

true, but in this case that wasn't it.... plain and simple.... and in my 25 years I seen the bearings fine with melted pistons....I never said it CAN'T happen....I don't see it here though..
Originally Posted by Eliminatorshane
Detonation most certainly will eat the bearings out. That's usually the first thing too go. If it's bad enough it will push the crank completely out. I've done it!! Had too have new main caps and align bored. 5 and 7 cylinders fired together and oil pressure went from 80 to 5 in a split second at 5500. If I'm wrong someone correct me but detonation usually will eat a bearing before piston from my experience or luck..
Old 08-02-2015, 09:32 PM
Registered

Really don't matter full force the moral of this thread is someone got took. I've been watching it and haven't responded on this site for awhile but the problem here is someone got ffked and that the seller should at least try too make it right. I don't know any of them but I feel for this dale guy. Summers almost over and through a few long nights in the bilge and blood sweat and tears thinking he is gonna have a better setup etc and nope he's just fked. Bad deal....
Old 08-02-2015, 09:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Exactly....

Originally Posted by eliminatorshane
really don't matter full force the moral of this thread is someone got took. I've been watching it and haven't responded on this site for awhile but the problem here is someone got ffked and that the seller should at least try too make it right. I don't know any of them but i feel for this dale guy. Summers almost over and through a few long nights in the bilge and blood sweat and tears thinking he is gonna have a better setup etc and nope he's just fked. Bad deal....
Old 08-03-2015, 04:39 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Last edited by dbkski; 08-04-2015 at 12:49 AM. Reason: arguing with idiots.....is well.....idiotic
Old 08-03-2015, 05:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh I am sorry, show me the post where Dale pulled rods and pistons to fix something, added rust and put it back together.... Apparently Paul is your buddy, that's fine, but he still did not sell Dale 2 fresh engines as claimed... PERIOD, I don't care WTF Dale did those engines were not FRESH....

Originally Posted by dbkski
endeavor1 - TENSION if you two are examples of the brain trust that advised bigboat28(Dale) in this deal no wonder things went south.
Can you read and comprehend anything? Direct your vitriol to the parties responsible for it. Where is the "friend" of Dale's that helped
broker this deal?

Full Force - there was more than Dale peeking under the intake now wasn't there? I used the word "altered" but maybe "modified" or
"changed" is better suited here. RT930turbo says different carbs and tune(timing?) was done by a "professional". Why isn't he part of
the conversation? Let's ask another professional engine builder about honoring a warranty shall we?

Mike Tkach or sutphen 30 if bigboat28 bought an engine from you and he pulled the intake, replaced some parts including carbs and
had a different "professional" re-tune, set timing, etc. would you be O.K. with that? Would you honor your warranty if this motor broke down?

No I don't have all the answers but then again I don't buy my boat parts from a junkyard.

As tommymonza so eloquently wrote, "Who the Hell would be Dumb enough to trade 2 of their running freshwater 420s and 7500 bucks
for 2 motors of unknown origin?

bigboat28(Dale) got taken. You "friends" should have looked out for him.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

If there was ZERO rust and not wasted looking cam in that engine, I would be more open to hear Pauls side, but pics don't lie.... I am making my opinions off pics I seeI did not see the engines before and I have not now, but I can tell you they are not "fresh" everything else does not matter to me.... so if you buy freshe ngines they live but find out they are not actually fresh, is that ok since they run ok? no it is not....

At best Paul says heads were completely new and redone, the pic CLEARLY shows otherwise, look at the head surface, and gasket, with a couple hours the gasket should look not even used and no rust like that... come on....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543814[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Does this motor look rebuilt-dales-heads.jpg  

Last edited by Full Force; 08-03-2015 at 05:10 AM.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 24 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dbkski
endeavor1 - TENSION if you two are examples of the brain trust that advised bigboat28(Dale) in this deal no wonder things went south.
Can you read and comprehend anything? Direct your vitriol to the parties responsible for it. Where is the "friend" of Dale's that helped
broker this deal?

Full Force - there was more than Dale peeking under the intake now wasn't there? I used the word "altered" but maybe "modified" or
"changed" is better suited here. RT930turbo says different carbs and tune(timing?) was done by a "professional". Why isn't he part of
the conversation? Let's ask another professional engine builder about honoring a warranty shall we?

Mike Tkach or sutphen 30 if bigboat28 bought an engine from you and he pulled the intake, replaced some parts including carbs and
had a different "professional" re-tune, set timing, etc. would you be O.K. with that? Would you honor your warranty if this motor broke down?

No I don't have all the answers but then again I don't buy my boat parts from a junkyard.

As tommymonza so eloquently wrote, "Who the Hell would be Dumb enough to trade 2 of their running freshwater 420s and 7500 bucks
for 2 motors of unknown origin?

bigboat28(Dale) got taken. You "friends" should have looked out for him.
Still putting gravy on a burned roast,eh? You start flapping about everything but the obvious, your friend sold junk motors, and no matter how much you spin the story, he-and you still suck!
Old 08-03-2015, 06:58 AM
Registered

Received 706 Likes on 360 Posts

[QUOTE=dbkski;4337554

"changed" is better suited here..[/QUOTE]
what part of they took intake off after the engine failed,,and all the rust is what they found.I'd have chit when the distributor came out full of chit on it.

as for the question to me,,I've sold a few motors w/ no intake on it.but lets not digress from the rusty piles of chit your buddy sold.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.