Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Does this motor look rebuilt >

Does this motor look rebuilt

Notices

Does this motor look rebuilt

Old 08-02-2015, 05:49 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Last edited by dbkski; 08-04-2015 at 12:47 AM.
Old 08-02-2015, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by dbkski
bigboat28 - you dealt with a well known junk dealer, you paid junk price, and you got..................wait.......................wa it.....
............wait for it......................JUNK.

The outcome was predetermined.

As distasteful as it is to side with kidapache I can't get past the fact that you altered his "product" before and after the failure.
You gave him an easy "out" to accept any responsibility.

For all the Ohio guys that came out of the woodwork to rail against kidapache for his seemingly shady business practices
where were you before this deal took place? You should have beat him over the head with a 5 lb. dildo to knock some sense
into him.

Friends don't let friends drive drunk. Friends don't let friends buy junk.

Man up. Fix your mistake. Have fun boating. You really have no other choice.
You are a real dick.
Old 08-02-2015, 07:12 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

As for myself, I didn't know who he was getting them from, if I did I would have advised otherwise..... as far as altering??? he puled the INTAKE, he did not pull rods out... gimme a break, intake does not waste bearings....

bigboat28 - you dealt with a well known junk dealer, you paid junk price, and you got..................wait.......................wa it.....

As distasteful as it is to side with kidapache I can't get past the fact that you altered his "product" before and after the failure.

For all the Ohio guys that came out of the woodwork to rail against kidapache for his seemingly shady business practices
where were you before this deal took place? You should have beat him over the head with a 5 lb. dildo to knock some sense
into him.

Old 08-02-2015, 07:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 24 Likes on 5 Posts

into him.

So, exactly how long have you been blowing apache kid, douchebag? Two posts here and you have all the answers!
Old 08-02-2015, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Full Force
As for myself, I didn't know who he was getting them from, if I did I would have advised otherwise..... as far as altering??? he puled the INTAKE, he did not pull rods out... gimme a break, intake does not waste bearings....
You are right. but when u pull the intake off and u dont put it back on right and time the motor right it will waste all the bearings.u should know that look at what u did to your own motors after five mints of running them. and if he had the intake off y would he put it back on with all the rust in the motor.lets see some pics of the tops of the pistons.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I do know that and timing will not waste the bearings, I have detonated engines and many buddys have to the point of melting pistons and did not hurt the bearing, come on.... as far as the rust I don't know, I was not there for that part but I can say pulling the intake did not cause it, just admit that you had them sitting and you did not give him "fresh engines" that's all everyone is saying, I don't care WTF Dale did those engines WERE NOT fresh and you know it....

as far as mine? yes, a lifter bore was issue, it was checked the "acceptable" numbers discussed were not accurate, so it failed, I fixed it and have 12 hours of trouble free super hard beatings, guess my dumb azz can build engines just fine.... and my m istake was to myself not a customer.... no comparison.....

in the end I am boating, Dale is not... that's due to you selling him junk... let's face it your history is not exactly clean pal....

Originally Posted by kidapache
You are right. but when u pull the intake off and u dont put it back on right and time the motor right it will waste all the bearings.u should know that look at what u did to your own motors after five mints of running them. and if he had the intake off y would he put it back on with all the rust in the motor.lets see some pics of the tops of the pistons.
Old 08-02-2015, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I do know that and timing will not waste the bearings, I have detonated engines and many buddys have to the point of melting pistons and did not hurt the bearing, come on.... as far as the rust I don't know, I was not there for that part but I can say pulling the intake did not cause it, just admit that you had them sitting and you did not give him "fresh engines" that's all everyone is saying, I don't care WTF Dale did those engines WERE NOT fresh and you know it....

as far as mine? yes, a lifter bore was issue, it was checked the "acceptable" numbers discussed were not accurate, so it failed, I fixed it and have 12 hours of trouble free super hard beatings, guess my dumb azz can build engines just fine.... and my m istake was to myself not a customer.... no comparison.....

in the end I am boating, Dale is not... that's due to you selling him junk... let's face it your history is not exactly clean pal....
Detonation will hammer the rod bearing right out of a motor. Pinch ring lands, bend rods, send rods out the side of the block and so on and so fourth. All it takes is 1 degree to much timing.

If the OP had the intake off how did he not see all the rust? Stevie Wonder could have seen all that rust...
Old 08-02-2015, 08:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I know that, but it does not always happen and if it did the pistons would show it, besides do you REALLY think that's what happened here? takes serious lack of fuel and lots of timing to detonate a N/A engine especially to beat the bearings out of it, I am not an idiot....

I have a piston from a Cobra engine in garage, melted, bearing looks perfect.... these engines were junk from the beginning, no debating that, sorry...

Originally Posted by Black Baja
Detonation will hammer the rod bearing right out of a motor. Pinch ring lands, bend rods, send rods out the side of the block and so on and so fourth. All it takes is 1 degree to much timing.

If the OP had the intake off how did he not see all the rust? Stevie Wonder could have seen all that rust...
Old 08-02-2015, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 706 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by kidapache
oh cut the chit,post 59 clearly shows a cam lobe that just had rust on it,run over by the lifter.that cams been rusting for years.your whole story is pure bullchit.you sold the guy sunk motors.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know that, but it does not always happen and if it did the pistons would show it, besides do you REALLY think that's what happened here? takes serious lack of fuel and lots of timing to detonate a N/A engine especially to beat the bearings out of it, I am not an idiot....

I have a piston from a Cobra engine in garage, melted, bearing looks perfect.... these engines were junk from the beginning, no debating that, sorry...
With a forged piston usually the rod bearing go first. But whatever. If the motors were good or bad to begin with and they were full of rust why wouldn't you stop as soon as you take the intake off? Makes no sense to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.