Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
problem with aftermarket cylinder heads. >

problem with aftermarket cylinder heads.

Notices

problem with aftermarket cylinder heads.

Old 10-16-2015, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Mike I'm pretty sure horsepower1 is Scott Foxwell.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
horsepower1,pardon me for not knowing who you are .you stated [if you buy heads from me].please tell me who you are and what buisness name you use so i know who to call for your [race ready marine heads].
I think that is scott foxwell??. I know someone from the forum here that recently sent their heads to him, and had the guides honed, and some other stuff done to them prior to bolting on. And so far has logged 3 poker runs since engines installled, cruising at 5000-5500rpm for almost 500 miles by water. So far so good.

Teague also sells their afr heads fully machined , but they switch to 3/8 valves i wanna say instead of 11/32 as they say they feel the 3/8 is a more durable setup. Thier words.
Old 10-16-2015, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by kvogt
Mike I'm pretty sure horsepower1 is Scott Foxwell.
kris,you are correct,i just recieved a pm from him giving me that information.i am not sure why he sent a pm instead of replying on this thread.i do not try to hide who i am on oso and i don,t pay much attention to those who do.no doubt in my mind mr foxwell has an agenda!
Old 10-16-2015, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Heres a read. Even a rep from afr showed some concerns in this thread about some things being discussed

http://www.chevelles.com/forums/show.../748241?page=1
Old 10-16-2015, 08:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I think that is scott foxwell??. I know someone from the forum here that recently sent their heads to him, and had the guides honed, and some other stuff done to them prior to bolting on. And so far has logged 3 poker runs since engines installled, cruising at 5000-5500rpm for almost 500 miles by water. So far so good.

Teague also sells their afr heads fully machined , but they switch to 3/8 valves i wanna say instead of 11/32 as they say they feel the 3/8 is a more durable setup. Thier words.
joe,can you post the name who the oso member or members are that sent their heads to mr foxwall and why the needed to send them.also can you tell me what brand of heads they have?
Old 10-16-2015, 08:59 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike tkach
kris,you are correct,i just recieved a pm from him giving me that information.i am not sure why he sent a pm instead of replying on this thread.i do not try to hide who i am on oso and i don,t pay much attention to those who do.no doubt in my mind mr foxwell has an agenda!
Well I guess it's no secret...and Mike, I explained exactly why I sent you the PM instead of replying so you're not being very honest here. If you want, I'll post my PM to you. Just trying to avoid the drama, that's my only agenda. Also, PM's are just that...PRIVATE messages. Thanks for respecting that.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

A guy on yellow bullet bolted a set of out of the box afr's on his nova wagon 540 tt build ran 7's throughout all of drag week, no issue. Has something changed in the last year or so at afr?
Old 10-16-2015, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by horsepower1
Well I guess it's no secret...and Mike, I explained exactly why I sent you the PM instead of replying so you're not being very honest here. If you want, I'll post my PM to you. Just trying to avoid the drama, that's my only agenda. Also, PM's are just that...PRIVATE messages. Thanks for respecting that.
mr foxwell,do not come hear and question my honesty,i do not come on oso with an alias,i have not been banned and you have no right to tell me what private messaging is for.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:36 AM
Registered

ok fellas,i will ask again to keep this thread on track,i am looking to educate myself about aftermarket cylinder heads.if you had a issue with any brand of aftermarket cylinderhead this is what i want to hear about.i am aware of afr recomending the guides be checked in extreme marine use,but once again,I AM LOOKING FOR INFORMATION FROM OSO MEMBERS WHO HAD AN ISSUE WITH ANY BRAND OF AFTERMARKET HEAD.i have NO AGENDA with this thread,i just want to educate myself so i know what product to use and what not to use.thanks.
Old 10-16-2015, 09:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by horsepower1
mr foxwell,post the pm or if you would like i can do it.it does not take a lot of balls to come on with an alias but it does take balls to question my honesty.i am a respected member and i take offense to you questioning my honesty.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.