310 cc heads >

310 cc heads

Notices

310 cc heads

Old 11-15-2015, 01:31 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ICDEDPPL
I almost spit out my morning Mocha!! What are you going to try to tell us next ? McDonalds isnt in business to sell fast food? LMAO!!
Engine builders sell engines, not parts. But I guess Sterling and Chief don't count. straub sells parts. He doesn't even know how to change a GM throttle body. I doubt you have ever seen S30 trying to promote a business on this or any site. The only parts he sells are the ones that go into the engines he builds.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:35 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
From an outsider looking in, they seem to sell alot of stuff to drag racers, with good feedback. They provided the cam, and a few other things for offshorexcursions 6k rpm 750hp 572's. Which I know for a fact, were not "dyno fudged" .
Again, with drag racing. who cares. Its a totally different world. The vast majority of people that I have seen with marine engine problems went to a car builder. being a great car engine builder soes not translate to a wet exhaust marine engine that doesn't start making power till ~ 3000 RPM.

For a fact you know the dyno wasn't "fudged". LMAO. There are a 1000 ways to change dyno numbers Unless you work for Superflo, you have no idea if that dyno was acurate or not.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:50 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 832 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
Thanks for sharing that you agree my engines were run on a conservative dyno

Please don't spread misinformation about my build details or dyno numbers though. I don't come on here telling people about how you called me pissed at Bob for selling you junk pistons where the coating came off, or wasting your time and money sending your heads to mamo, etc. etc. Instead I actually called Bob (while we were on good terms still) and smoothed things over between you two.

I also haven't shared how many times you have rebuilt your 99mph Baja's engine over the years, how the pistons were contacting the heads, or how your dyno numbers were all over the place. Sorry not impressed with your engine that cruises effortless at 60mph since the hull cant handle real offshore conditions. Maybe that's impressive over on calm water scream and fly but this is Offshore Only, not short speed bursts until the hull runs out. In reality your build info is interesting at best to this site for many reasons including how easy its used and how the full truth has not been shared.

No hard feelings though bud! Your welcome for all the guidance I have given you. Glad to help you find that sweet Scarab! Looking forward to running together this summer now that you can hang a little in the big water!
When it comes to my engines. They were pulled many times on the dyno with multiple variations. The numbers I share on this site are for the tune and combo actually in the boat. No reason to waste time discussing how much more power they will make with good 1 7/8ths headers(since they made MORE power on 1 7/8th CMI, 768hp 6100 735lb/ft 4700 with flame arrestors), obviously would also on big tube headers, or with the air cleaners off, etc. Pretty sure we all can agree that there are ways to make higher numbers on the dyno.

What we found is MY tractor pipes are JUNK. The flange holes were drilled wrong increasing the already bad port alignment. They have small 1 7/8th primary tubes, wrong primary lengths, to small and to short of collectors, and muffler inserts in the tips that we ended up removing.

So with MY junk tractor pipes, my air cleaners, etc. The way the engines are currently IN the boat, we made (on a conservative DPAC Dyno)

HP
751 5900
753 6000
752 6200

TQ
731 4600
732 4900
728 5000

Impressive is Straub and Foxwell planned them to peak at 6000 which they did.

But these keyboard cowboys don't have to believe my info, pics, or badass videos Kristy and I share. They are to busy pretending to be offshore powerboaters.

I welcome all to come have a great time on the water with us! Because there's not one person who has actually run a poker run or fun run with myself, Joe, Dan, or Tim that can say a bad word about our boats, engines, or camaraderie out on the lake!
Bob never sold me any pistons, not sure where you got that from, only question i ever had with my heads was starting from scratch vs reworking ones i could sell. As far as pistons touching the deck at .042 clearance, i have been on here and mentioned that, it is no secret. John told me your motors barely broke 750 so where 800 came from i dont know, that was MY question.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 832 Likes on 382 Posts

As far as rebuild intervals, its also no secret i go in motor every 100 hours, never came out of boat broken or blown up, pulled it early last time becaise my annual leakdowm numbers were higher than id like to see, again .042 piston to deck, contacted lightly and knocked ring seal out early.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:58 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Tight quench is the way to go on a 14lb boost blower engine
Old 11-15-2015, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

LOL- Zone 5 don't waste your time with the clown show that this Q&A section has become due to a few loud mouths. As soon as you disagree with anything said by them its game on- full attack. As to Straub- that guy is an idiot. I talked to him on an engine build I was doing a while ago and the direction he wanted me to go was laughable. I'm glad it worked out for Kevin, but he is one of the rare ones.

Wasn't this post about some 310 heads? Bigboat28, if you have a question about stuff find a local builder and have them help you. In Ohio you have Gellner who is well respected. The guy that I have used, that is top notch with marine engines is Dave @ Wesco Racing in Jenison Michigan. You used to be able to come on here and have fun discussing things. Now its all controlled by the god of thunder and it you disagree with anything he posts lightning will strike you down!
Old 11-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I quit smoking cigarettes 3 years ago (put me in fat guy category adding 40+ lbs)...........going to lose some weight and do some cig smoking next summer (my main cig will be a loud 36 with a chick driving). maybe I can be an "offshore" expert like kev......sorry I mean Kristy.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
I quit smoking cigarettes 3 years ago (put me in fat guy category adding 40+ lbs)...........going to lose some weight and do some cig smoking next summer (my main cig will be a loud 36 with a chick driving). maybe I can be an "offshore" expert like kev......sorry I mean Kristy.
Quit strokin off to Kevs boat and wife dude, I'm sure there's a buffet open somewhere today to satisfy those cravings
Old 11-15-2015, 02:37 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

She's a bit thin for my taste and I can chit in an inclosed head, sleep in a cabin, hang out on swim platform and can smoke a 36 cig in my bigger, heavier boat with 572 aspirated engines.............stroke to that!
Old 11-15-2015, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
She's a bit thin for my taste and I can chit in an inclosed head, sleep in a cabin, hang out on swim platform and can smoke a 36 cig in my bigger, heavier boat with 572 aspirated engines.............stroke to that!
I figured you were a chubby chaser....

Glad I'm secure with myself and my boat and not be a chit slinger like yourself. BTW, I do all the stuff you mentioned too except the 36 Cigs I smoke are of the 70s/80s vintage.

All BS aside, those 36 Nortechs are sweet boats and I'd love to have one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.