Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
average price on removing and reinstalling twin 502s? >

average price on removing and reinstalling twin 502s?

Notices

average price on removing and reinstalling twin 502s?

Old 01-04-2016, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

lol...Wildman that looks like me trying to replace the bildge pumps.is tight in there.as for everything said above about problems im gonna run into...ive thought about it,drives money...maybe I got to tone it down a bit..im 5 min. from sonnys all they want to do is sell me a new kit.i did get prices ranging from $600 to $1600 to r&r today.did call wipple few weeks back they said $13000 per kit and only gaining 200hp then still have to freshen motors.gonna just get through this coming summer then have a plan for next fall.be nice to know what im up against.thanks alot to all for advice
Old 01-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

110 an hour here
Old 01-04-2016, 05:11 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by blownzr1
last owner and marinia tech said they had ran 85 mph in it .ive had it to 75 without much work on trimming it.was wondering if its better to build the motors I have or just find another set.i love blowers...have a psi blown hemi now for race car...but don't want to cut the tanning pad for blowers.guess I just want it to run better than stock.also I think I may need to look at props.
Originally Posted by blownzr1
im in va.motors running good alittle blowby.want to step up and try to run around 100mph with it.ill be posting later a question on whats it gonna take to run like that with this size boat.im coming from high hp drag cars im new to most of this ....its my frist boat...lol
Was this psi blown hemi your first car ever ? Of course not. Get used to your boat and all the tons of other stuff that boating includes before you turn it into an unguided weapon. weapon meaning until you can really drive it and respect it.

When you are really ready,m there will be plenty of us to help you spend as much money as possible. LOL.

BTW: Congrats ! Welcome to boating !

Last edited by SB; 01-04-2016 at 05:14 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:54 PM
Registered

sb your right ,last race car wasn't my frist but if I learned anything with the race cars was buy what you want or can afford,dont waste money,motors NEED to be freshened,why waste money on stock stuff?if I wanted to just get off the dock I guess I could have bought a pontoon...lol...I know what your saying they can and are dangerous.

Last edited by blownzr1; 01-04-2016 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 08:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

SB is right on, get the boat up to par first, then maybe do some poker runs and see what works/could work for you. You might decide to upgrade the whole boat to get where you want to go. Custom build, custom problems might leave you wrenching more than getting some time under your butt. Once your dialed in it will be easier to plan out a build, etc.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

600 for R&R per engine is the standard in the Detroit area
Old 01-23-2016, 09:16 PM
Registered

thanks welfare...that's about in line with prices ive gotten.now just got to pick who to trust in my area
Old 01-25-2016, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Give me a call if you would like, have a couple options you maybe interested in as far as pulling motors and doing a refresh.....650hrs in a powerboat is no joke!!!lmao I also know where 2 NA 572's are for pretty reasonable, 13-15hrs on them. Its always cheaper to fix them while they are still running 252 Three Three Three 5898