Another reversion thread. >

Another reversion thread.

Notices

Another reversion thread.

Old 04-16-2016, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Yes, exactly..... In the 3" dry part. I would put it further back towards, but not right at, the primaries because if you out it towards end of collector, water from top of collector can and will fall back into dry part as it runs over and some is sucked back. CAll Lighting and see if they have ever done this. If not, they should. Like I said, some of the other exh companies have learned this and do it standard or optional..depending on the company.

Yeah, my first call Monday morning will be to Lightning. Thanks again!!!
Old 04-17-2016, 08:06 AM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I had Eddie Marine extend my tails..
They necked the extension pipe down some then added a flare help throw the water against the exhaust hose and to prevent it from running back up the pipe...

Old 04-17-2016, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 1,490 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by corey331
Yeah, my first call Monday morning will be to Lightning. Thanks again!!!
Lightening very good company. My first set came from them in 1992. They've come a long way since then. With price also. I paid just over 1k a set back then. Regardless they will work with you and get your problem solved.
Old 04-17-2016, 10:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Lightening very good company. My first set came from them in 1992. They've come a long way since then. With price also. I paid just over 1k a set back then. Regardless they will work with you and get your problem solved.
They were great to work with when I initially ordered these as well. He talked me into the extended collector to help fight reversion. I have no doubt he will be able to help me through this. I know I can weld the collector even longer if I have to, but then I will no longer have flappers to protect from a wave hitting the transom.

Thanks again for all the help and input guys!!
Old 04-17-2016, 12:54 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

If you extend all the way through the transom, you could install some Shotgun muffler tips to prevent wave intrusion.
Old 04-17-2016, 02:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Griff
If you extend all the way through the transom, you could install some Shotgun muffler tips to prevent wave intrusion.

I think I have all but talked myself into just buying dry exhaust. I have a slight case of OCD so I know unless I go dry, I'll always be worried about it. Plus the thought of putting mufflers on exhaust that is wet makes me cringe, lol. If its to loud dry, then I'll look into a set of mufflers.
Old 04-17-2016, 02:31 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Well, there you go.

You solved your own issue.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just pulled my EMIs number 6 had little gasket contact and appears perhaps exhaust leak caused some reversion. Next set of gaskets direct from EMI to better match manifold opening. I tested manifold and no leaks internal. Now I now cause of demise. Lucky no water to oil.
Old 04-18-2016, 05:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Well, there you go.

You solved your own issue.

Yeah, I think so. I had just gotten home from the initial fire up when I made this thread, I wanted some other input. But after sleeping on it, I knew the only way I was going to feel good about it was to eliminate the chance of water getting in all together.

Thanks again for all the replies guys!!! It's great having a place to bounce ideas off of folks with a lot more knowledge than I have!!
Old 04-18-2016, 07:09 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

This design is what is used a lot now in circle track racing....I think would be great in wet exhaust too, but with a few design changes.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.