Hydraulic steering Opinions and advice

Notices

Hydraulic steering Opinions and advice

Old 05-15-2016, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydraulic steering Opinions and advice

Hello all,

I have not been boating for a few years just got too busy with Work as Summer is my Crunch time. I have a 370 Baja with XR's running about 650 HP Blower motors . I always
wanted hydraulic steering and decided this will be my boating present to myself for missing the last 2 seasons, Not to mention all that fuel money I saved.

I am pretty good at rigging pulling motors drives etc. but have never installed or even been around an installation of hydraulic steering.

First any opinions on manufacturers good , better, best with that also the ease of installation. Im up in Rochester NY, not a lot of options for Marinas with performance expertise.

I think I will try the install my self but not sure what I'm getting into, especially the installation of Hydraulics to the helm and replacing the wheel , dont know what my options are.

Any and all opinions and advice are appreciated.

Thanks in advance.