Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Valve "stuck" in 525 >

Valve "stuck" in 525

Notices

Valve "stuck" in 525

Old 07-15-2016, 06:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the push rod on that rocker bent? Are the push rods the correct length. How does that cam lobe look? What does the lifter look like. I When you removed the rocker was it installed correctly. I've seen them installed with the center rotated 180 degrees. Do the rockers move freely? Check the bearings on that rocker. What shape is the mounting stud in?
Old 07-15-2016, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mwicard
Is the push rod on that rocker bent? Are the push rods the correct length. How does that cam lobe look? What does the lifter look like. I When you removed the rocker was it installed correctly. I've seen them installed with the center rotated 180 degrees. Do the rockers move freely? Check the bearings on that rocker. What shape is the mounting stud in?
Push rod is not bent. Push rods are correct length. Cam and lifters are in excellent shape. Rockers move freely, Bearings are good on the rockers. Mounting stud is in good shape as well
Old 07-15-2016, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 41 Posts

Sometimes crap happens.
I replaced a set of valve springs (only) and 2 hours later had a solid lifter crushed and it wrecked lifters, cam, oil pump, a valve, bearings, etc, etc.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pretty common problem on the 525 EFI motor I just had the same thing happen replaced heads small small spot on a piston with the valve been hittiing piston .I have fresh heads on the shelf new springs new retainers I did it all this week Motor is now back in the boat runs perfect
Old 07-15-2016, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can the oil/cam sensor adjust how much fuel is allowed? Thought I read that somewhere. Anyone know? Thanks