Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
procharger vs tbs250 >

procharger vs tbs250

Notices

procharger vs tbs250

Old 07-16-2016, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the responses guys. If the procharger sounds similar to a gear drive, no prob, but sounding loose and rattling would drive me nuts. It annoys the s#it outta me already just from the shutters in the silent choice clattering.

Joe those hatches are awesome, but there is no way my wife is letting me get rid of her sunpad, if thats all it takes to keep her excited about the sport, I can deal with it. I like the look of the stainless "grilles" Very tasteful and clean, nice work.

Maybe I'll dump my 2 street car motors, build 2 NA 540's for the boat and keep the mags for the street cars were a blower poking out the hood is not a problem....hehehehehe
Thanks again guys
Old 07-16-2016, 06:39 AM
Registered

Any idea on the height difference between a 420/871 compared to your old 250s?

Last edited by halfgassed; 07-16-2016 at 06:41 AM.
Old 07-16-2016, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

M4 Procharger...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTaDFeclXFw

Last edited by Boatally Insane; 07-16-2016 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-17-2016, 10:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by halfgassed
Thanks for all the responses guys. If the procharger sounds similar to a gear drive, no prob, but sounding loose and rattling would drive me nuts. It annoys the s#it outta me already just from the shutters in the silent choice clattering.

Joe those hatches are awesome, but there is no way my wife is letting me get rid of her sunpad, if thats all it takes to keep her excited about the sport, I can deal with it. I like the look of the stainless "grilles" Very tasteful and clean, nice work.

Maybe I'll dump my 2 street car motors, build 2 NA 540's for the boat and keep the mags for the street cars were a blower poking out the hood is not a problem....hehehehehe
Thanks again guys
Here is what I know. Car engines are clearanced with closed cooling. meaning the block gets hot water. Most boats do not have closed cooling. Just fresh cold water.. Meaning the cylinders get cold water making them smaller and tighter.

As far as hatch clearance, that depends on your drive heights. My drivers are really high and I run intercoolers, so I have scoopes / There is still room for 3 or 4 chicks on the sun deck, plus most the sound goes out the back, but you can still hear the blowers perfectly. I have 142 hours on my BS 250's . I love them. Also 38's came stock with 575sci and had no clearance issues . Without the intercoolers they would fit ( even with my ultra high drive heights). Chad

Last edited by mcprodesign; 07-17-2016 at 10:56 AM.