600SCI engine water Flow Issue >

600SCI engine water Flow Issue

Notices

600SCI engine water Flow Issue

Old 08-08-2016, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
does you setup look anything like this ?....the fuel cooler and the pump is right below the crank pulley

yes minus the NXT drive. I will have to check this.

I took the hose off the oil cooler, and started the engine. the water pours out like a fire hose (so the drive is def picking up good water). Also the line that is going into the heat exchanger flows excellent.

We crimped the hose going into the heat exchanger with pliers, and we got amazing H20 pressure. When you uncrimp it it goes right back down. Strange...

Last edited by bavboym3; 08-08-2016 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
On more than a few Bajas, I have seen issues with the fresh water flush system getting gummed up with debris and causing water flow/pressure issues.
There is a spring loaded ball check valve in the Tee into the seawater side of the system. Remove your "T" fittings and pull this ball out of there. It's not needed.
This may or may not be your issue; but it could be an issue in the future too.

Also, I get a little spooked on switching sensors like this from motor to motor. I get the troubleshooting aspect of this, and ease to pinpoint problems. I myself have done this at times. But when it comes to sensors that screw into blocks and other parts, you never know when one is going to go sideways on you, and snap off or worse. It may be worth your while to just replace the sensor, vs. trying to swap them.

I have not been able to find the fresh water flash system, or T that you speak of.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Registered

Old 08-08-2016, 11:54 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,212 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by bavboym3
I have not been able to find the fresh water flash system, or T that you speak of.
IF your boat is equipped with this, you should have something like this near the top rim around your engine compartment:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]558088[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 600SCI engine water Flow Issue-fresh.jpg  
Old 08-08-2016, 12:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
IF your boat is equipped with this, you should have something like this near the top rim around your engine compartment:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]558088[/ATTACH]
I do not beleive I have these anywhere on my boat. unless im blind. my old 30 outlaw had them, but havent seen them on the 600SCI's anywhere
Old 08-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,212 Likes on 525 Posts

Originally Posted by bavboym3
I do not beleive I have these anywhere on my boat. unless im blind. my old 30 outlaw had them, but havent seen them on the 600SCI's anywhere
Probably not equipped then as it was a factory option.
Old 08-08-2016, 12:32 PM
Registered

No im guessing it does not have that option. Where do you guys think I should go from here?
Old 08-08-2016, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts

Have you put the boat in the water lately? What are symptoms are you seeing now? Any different than original symptoms?
Old 08-08-2016, 01:16 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

With strainers I don't see this happening but I'll throw this out there...

I have twin 496HOs and even pulling the line off the oil cooler and picking at debris there was debris inside. Back washing with just water wasn't enough. A friend screwed together a hose fitting as well as an air tool fitting (think tire valve) which allowed me to add air behind the water as I back flushed the system. I back flushed from the heat exchanger back inlet hose to the outlet on the sea pump. The debris that came out was astonishing. It cleared all the water pressure issues that I had been having in just a few minutes. I had been dealing with debris issues for the past two years.

However, with strainers, I don't see the wood I had clogging my system getting to the heat exchanger. Despite that, maybe adding some air to the back flush would at least put your concern of remaining debris to rest?
Old 08-08-2016, 01:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by easyrider1340
Have you put the boat in the water lately? What are symptoms are you seeing now? Any different than original symptoms?

yes the boat is in the water now. It has the same symptoms as when I started. I have tested all the water pressure coming through the system, and its flowing like a fire hose! Is it possible air is geting in somehow? maybe i need to tighten the hoses on the sea strainer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.