Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads? >

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

Notices

AFR 325 flow sheets.... anyone ever flow these heads?

Old 01-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
Seems the goal is to pizz me off enough to keep defending myself to the point of being a jerk, I am sick of it... I am posting facts, but in OSO eyes I am still an idiot, my head porter is stupid and sucks, my next cams will be wrong, even though 5 people are nearly spot on with same specs, yet you have offered zero info besides pushing for 200 page nightmare thread, I have enough BS going on in life, I don;t need you people that hate on me to push me more, I keep sharing for good tech talk and learning for all of us, I stopped being negative, maybe a few others should....
What I said certainly wasn't any dig at you. Only wondered how the latest that come from another OSO member that cams were fine. Honestly I didn't think they looked fine but pics did exaggerate problem or my iPad sucks. In regards to snakeskin or scale being ok I disagree with. It's not heavy enough to settle on pan bottom yet light enough to float around and end up who know where. Just wondering is a wider wheel would help this issue? Just surprised this is considered normal. Guess I ran a lot more hyd and solid flat tappets which in a sense would even out the pressure on the lobe surface.

How you looking for duration on new cams?
Old 01-09-2017, 08:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I thought you mean on any heads in general
All good... stresseful day lol
Old 01-09-2017, 08:45 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by bck
Unless the person who ported them did a before and after on the same bench with the same procedure, or better yet a before and after on the dyno it's not of much use.
Edit- regarding Tim's head porting
40 years of experiance, I have zero doubts, and numbers show that..
Old 01-09-2017, 08:48 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by getrdunn
What I said certainly wasn't any dig at you. Only wondered how the latest that come from another OSO member that cams were fine. Honestly I didn't think they looked fine but pics did exaggerate problem or my iPad sucks. In regards to snakeskin or scale being ok I disagree with. It's not heavy enough to settle on pan bottom yet light enough to float around and end up who know where. Just wondering is a wider wheel would help this issue? Just surprised this is considered normal. Guess I ran a lot more hyd and solid flat tappets which in a sense would even out the pressure on the lobe surface.

How you looking for duration on new cams?
with unstable valvetrain anything is possible, I did see another cam of a circle track engine with same wear, with lots of time, looked just like mine, as far as that goes time will tell in future.

New cams look to be in 248-251 intake duration and 254-256 exh duration, all 680 on 112... deciding still
Old 01-09-2017, 08:51 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

To be honest, I am having a chitty day, and you always push for issues and pages, and just fuel fires... thats what.
You need to take a look at all your posts in all the threads you've mentioned your motors (not just your many threads)and see who tries to fight who, Gosh, you;ve even duked it out publicly with your own friends.

Why any of us still entertain you is beyond me. Give us some credit for that.Seriously.

Want my full answer now ?

For your boat:

565's
AFR 315's or equivalent
242-245 I at .050" 6-8 degrees more exhaust 112LSA
Vic 454R - 1050 Dom or extremely close equivalent 4150
KE Exhaust
And better drives.

Please don't answer with "this is what I have now" like you keep doing. I understand that and why we keep answering your posts and threads with what if's and etc.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:55 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

getrdunn - I know what you are saying as far as head size, but...a lot of other's 320 heads on even 502-509's have done extremely well.....so I can't see why the AFR 325 vs AFR 305 would be such a slouch.

Last edited by SB; 01-10-2017 at 09:09 AM. Reason: that changed to what
Old 01-09-2017, 08:59 PM
bck
Charter Member#568
Charter Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

40 years of experiance, I have zero doubts, and numbers show that..
I'm not saying he did a bad job. I'm saying that unless there is a before and after to compare them and to also establish how his bench and testing methods compare to the flow numbers posted by AFR it is not useful information. Again, the heads might be great- it's just that the information isn't very helpful.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SB
You need to take a look at all your posts in all the threads you've mentioned your motors (not just your many threads)and see who tries to fight who, Gosh, you;ve even duked it out publicly with your own friends.

Why any of us still entertain you is beyond me. Give us some credit for that.Seriously.

Want my full answer now ?

For your boat:

565's
AFR 315's or equivalent
242-245 I at .050" 6-8 degrees more exhaust 112LSA
Vic 454R - 1050 Dom or extremely close equivalent 4150
KE Exhaust
And better drives.

Please don't answer with "this is what I have now" like you keep doing. I understand that and why we keep answering your posts and threads with what if's and etc.
Truce. moving on.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:05 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

All good... stresseful day lol
Turn off computer, turn on wife unit.. Worry about right head and duration and day will be less stressfull....
Old 01-09-2017, 09:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by bck
I'm not saying he did a bad job. I'm saying that unless there is a before and after to compare them and to also establish how his bench and testing methods compare to the flow numbers posted by AFR it is not useful information. Again, the heads might be great- it's just that the information isn't very helpful.
Disagree, but that's what forums are for, that is like saying a dyno is a waste, in the end, I have flow numbers that were done on the bench my guy uses for ALL his engines, a head guy with 40 years of hand porting heads, and not magazine flow numbers, I am ok with that, bob spec'd cam with none of that... I am willing to accept the results this time

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.