Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Spun Drive coupler (or whatever the proper name is)? >

Spun Drive coupler (or whatever the proper name is)?

Notices

Spun Drive coupler (or whatever the proper name is)?

Old 09-09-2016, 09:33 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1,124 Likes on 474 Posts

I get the impression Scott is committed to the boat and determined to see the project through. Sounds like he's now getting excellent advice and If I were a betting man, I'd put down a bundle to say he's going all the way!

Some time before next summer, he'll have a very nice AT with fresh motors and drives, a new transom and probably a new interior and paint job too!!

Scott, you will love your boat, it will be awesome and you'll never get back what you've spent. Welcome to the real world of go-fast boats.

RR
Old 09-09-2016, 11:34 PM
Registered

Received 4,312 Likes on 1,241 Posts
Thumbs up

That is VERY generous of you BUP.
Old 09-10-2016, 12:01 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Thanks ^^^^^^^^^ I think I will do this once a year for someone who is really having a hard time with their fairly new bought used boat. The sportboat market is getting smaller especially when things like this take place. Sometimes frustration likes this makes the boat owner completely gets out of boating. We don't need that.
Old 09-10-2016, 01:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

18V cordless hammer. LMFAO
Old 09-10-2016, 01:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BUP, your a class act and glad to see you giving a helping hand to a member just trying to make a bad boat work. May you find some good news for him and may good things come your way for all your gracious actions on and through this forum
Old 09-10-2016, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 409 Likes on 182 Posts

Scott I hope you realize you have just been thrown a life line I hope you grab it and listen to EVERTHING BUP has to say.
Old 09-13-2016, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BUP, that is going above and beyond....that is amazing.

Originally Posted by BUP
The sportboat market is getting smaller especially when things like this take place. Sometimes frustration likes this makes the boat owner completely gets out of boating. We don't need that.
I couldn't agree more.
Old 09-13-2016, 11:56 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Mid Oct is my plan to get up hopefully not freezing time of the year in the 10K lake state. Burrrrrrr I hope not.
Old 09-15-2016, 04:25 AM
Registered

Hi All -

No doubt John is a class act and I am grateful for the offer John has extended. I know I will not like some of the things he has to say, but I do hope he has some good things to say too ;-) ....enough so that I can purchase a water circulation pump from him :-)

I've also come to realize that I have some real thinking to do, now and then again in Oct. If in posts I have come across as contemplating "throwing in the towel" I do admit to briefly wondering "what next" with respect to the next broken component, but then I remind myself that I knew this would be the case before getting into this and that there were going to be project ahead for some time and I am generally happy I am taking on all of this work so far and learning some skills.

I apologize for not getting back to this thread sooner, work has been kicking my butt, I took the opportunity away from the boat to do more "family things" and I have been laying a bit low on the activity board because since speaking w/ John I am not taking on any new issues (so I have no new questions to ask). I did however have an opportunity to briefly pull the AT out of the water and give it a quick HCL bath, the boat looks so much more civilized now! Isn't she pretty? :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559424[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559425[/ATTACH]SO, to keep myself busy & out of trouble, I brought the good old Monza home

and after spending weeks this summer bottom sanding all the way to the glass, I'm going to start applying at least 3 coats of petit protect and this will be covered with at least 2 coats of Petit vivid.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]559426[/ATTACH]

There are a couple other small things that need to happen there and then it gets set aside for a winter project of swapping out the
old VP 180 drive for a beefier VP duoprop. My engine was simply creaming the vp180 drive busting shear pins and twisting gear shafts and I also wanted the advantages of a duo on this boat vs. max speed (but if i recall I got the c7 prop and although VP doesn't disclose pitch etc., I am told this is about a 28 pitch).

If by chance the AT or some other "replacement" boat is not available right away next spring/summer, the monza is a fun ride and i'll toss it in the water, however you do get moved around quite a bit in this little thing, but it will get me on the water next summer so I can be patient and not rush into anything. LOL - It just dawned on me that by next summer my 6 month puppy will likely be ~ 210lb and will completely fill the back bench. Heck, he'll probably get the boat's nose way up in the air and I may never get on plane :-)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559427[/ATTACH]

Again, huge thanks to John and others that have taken time to assist me. I am a lucky guy!

Thanks!

- scott -

p.s. John - Just let me know what you need from me and when you need it!
Attached Thumbnails Spun Drive coupler (or whatever the proper name is)?-1.jpg   Spun Drive coupler (or whatever the proper name is)?-monza-coming-home.jpg   Spun Drive coupler (or whatever the proper name is)?-monza-sanded.jpg  

Spun Drive coupler (or whatever the proper name is)?-driving-easy-e.jpg  
Old 09-15-2016, 04:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rak rua
I get the impression Scott is committed to the boat and determined to see the project through. Sounds like he's now getting excellent advice and If I were a betting man, I'd put down a bundle to say he's going all the way!

Some time before next summer, he'll have a very nice AT with fresh motors and drives, a new transom and probably a new interior and paint job too!!

Scott, you will love your boat, it will be awesome and you'll never get back what you've spent. Welcome to the real world of go-fast boats.

RR
I already love the AT, it fits like your most comfortable shirt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.