Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift... >

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Notices

Cam and valvetrain longevity....??? low duration high lift...

Old 11-30-2016, 01:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

So now all Johnson lifters are bad, AFR heads are bad, nobs cams and cam motion cams are bad? And I'm still an idiot... That's what I get out of the last year of issues...

U Gil a year ago many guys happy with Bob and his parts, Johnson included... So now what? I get I posted and started much of this but at the same time if all the parts suck then how can they still be sold?

Not picking any sides just kills me once one issue is found we all jump on the wagon of they all suck of one did, yet no real answers to know for sure
Old 11-30-2016, 01:42 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Maybe I should go flat tappet... Stamp steel pushrods and crane golds then I will be good like my 420's were
Old 11-30-2016, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force
So now all Johnson lifters are bad, AFR heads are bad, nobs cams and cam motion cams are bad? And I'm still an idiot... That's what I get out of the last year of issues...

U Gil a year ago many guys happy with Bob and his parts, Johnson included... So now what? I get I posted and started much of this but at the same time if all the parts suck then how can they still be sold?

Not picking any sides just kills me once one issue is found we all jump on the wagon of they all suck of one did, yet no real answers to know for sure
Don't forget Brodix intakes and Afr's exhaust seats suck as well.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:06 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yes I know.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Force

And this is where my Salem comment s came from, they arent directed at your motors or problems, they are directed at this pitchfork and torches lets lynch them thing.... How do we expect anyone repping anything to stick their head in here when we have professional whack-a-mole players thirsty for blood?
Old 11-30-2016, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
And this is where my Salem comment s came from, they arent directed at your motors or problems, they are directed at this pitchfork and torches lets lynch them thing.... How do we expect anyone repping anything to stick their head in here when we have professional whack-a-mole players thirsty for blood?
I also like hearing and seeing real world results. We all know where sales pitches got us so far. Believe it or not , there are actually a few guys who have engines that run without issues, and didnt need a salesmen, or factory rep to tell them how to do it.

This is a forum for boaters. Every company has a sales line, or a tech line you can call if you dont like what you read here.

Alot of guys bich and moan about others here, but yet offer nothing . No valuable posts, no personal experiences, not even an attempt to bring up a technical viewpoint for discussion, as this is an open floor. If your skin is too thin to get into online debates, maybe you need a safe space and a petting dog .

This thread wouldnt exist if this "whack a mole" , hadnt suggested tim yank his intakes and take a look at his cams. We'd still be hearing about how they are good to go another season
Old 11-30-2016, 02:16 PM
Registered

Received 143 Likes on 95 Posts

After this thread I'm terrified to so much as change a sparkplug on my boat.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Baja Rooster
After this thread I'm terrified to so much as change a sparkplug on my boat.
Hope you used anti seize on the threads!!! Youll prob pull the threads right out of the heads
Old 11-30-2016, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Obviously there are issues. Call it a witch hunt. Call it what you want. Is anyone making up the issues? I doubt it. Now to figure out why. Some of these things may have been thought to be a one off issue. That's the beauty of forums. A guy in Michigan and a guy in Florida realize they are having the same issue. May be a specific combination of components. May be a machining issue. Maybe a bad lot of a certain product. I think some people's products may be jumped on quickly by nobody here is saying any one of these products specifically sucks. Maybe it's an environment issue. Maybe an application.

The point of a forum which connects people all over the country and the world is to share information. Try to help one another. You're always gonna have the ford vs chevy. Cig vs fountain. Johnson vs morel. Be it online at the dock or in a bar. That's an inherent trait of competitors. In any sport. The question is will a true resolution ever be found. Is Randy or Kip gonna find it? Is Bob involved? I'm not an engine builder at all and trying to learn. I throw jabs here and there because it's fun. I'm truly curious what is going on though and yes every time a problem arises with one product others who have seen the same or experienced should and will chime in.

Again doesn't mean its junk but has to be looked at as a potential part of the overall issue.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:21 PM
Registered

Oh, and Tim, MER dyno tested a 509ci with stainless marine manifolds , and dyno headers back to back yesterday. 639hp with dyno headers , and 602hp with stainless marine manifolds.

Your exhaust sucks too.

Last edited by MILD THUNDER; 11-30-2016 at 02:32 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.