Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Promaxx 320 flow numbers >

Promaxx 320 flow numbers

Notices

Promaxx 320 flow numbers

Old 01-16-2017, 08:36 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 320 Posts

I put a set of small block ones on a customers engine (he supplied). the quality looked great which was a surprise given the cost. they were assembled heads and we didnt do anything to them as the motor already made more power than the tires would hold. my big question is how do these compare out of the box to brodix, dart, afr, etc. I know that with porting you can do a lot but I am interested in the starting point. anyone have the numbers of the others to put up to make an easy comparison?
Old 01-16-2017, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
I put a set of small block ones on a customers engine (he supplied). the quality looked great which was a surprise given the cost. they were assembled heads and we didnt do anything to them as the motor already made more power than the tires would hold. my big question is how do these compare out of the box to brodix, dart, afr, etc. I know that with porting you can do a lot but I am interested in the starting point. anyone have the numbers of the others to put up to make an easy comparison?
They were posted earlier by someone. Pretty similar to that of any non cnc head plus or minus 320 cc runner. Not sure about sbc. if we find anything worthy of mentioning I will certainly post so others know.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:00 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
My head guy said the same thing getrdunn. That what you are getting from the big companies, like dart, afr, etc, is MUCH better than they were 20 years ago. Still not perfect, but much better quality.

Im sure JimV has plenty of stories of aftermarket heads having issues right out of the box, irregardless of the name on the box
I was probably one of the first cheap kunts to run PROCOMP... I ran them and ran and ran and ran them... ran the ballz of them!! however I was savvy enough to do "The Finishing" myself!! and set the spring pressures properly... again, anyone foolish enough to run ANYONE's cylinder head "outta the box" is just that... FOOLISH.. I don't give 2 chits who's name is on the box, I've had to do the same work on Dart or Brodix than I had to do on a Procomp.. so there ya have it!!! Thanks China what you did is made the big boys take a bow and say ok we have to get real with today's market pricing!!!
Old 01-17-2017, 02:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

as for Promaxx... they are doing my new marine Supercharger series heads!! so for whatever that's worth to ya.. they are clean, as nice of anything I've paid double for outta Brodix!! and they flow pretty damn close to what they claim, and the minor variance I would attribute to a difference in flow testing equipment and/or environmental issues...
Old 01-17-2017, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Tell us how you really feel big AL !
Old 01-17-2017, 02:15 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

He doesn't have a Canadian performance cylinder head company.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Might be one soon!!!!!
Old 01-18-2017, 10:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Might be one soon!!!!!
Oh boy... this is news for me!!!
Old 01-18-2017, 10:06 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SB
who is the "HE" you're referring to SB?
Old 01-19-2017, 08:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ok.. Steven is a reputable foundry... but he's not really interested in small volume buys... minimum order to make a worthwhile deal is a pallet of 40-50 units at a time, then you're having to ship outta China, that could go really well or really badly? average is 35-45 days to see the product, not worth all the red tape for a few units...
this brings me to Promaxx, same quality a little more money, no issue. they do not build a marine head so bare casting is the only way to get them (IMO) it's really the only way I get heads anyways as I do the finish work and setup in house so I know what goes into them...

stay tuned for future updates and my new heads!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.