Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
HP500efi Cylinder Heads >

HP500efi Cylinder Heads

Notices

HP500efi Cylinder Heads

Old 03-01-2017, 07:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So castings were good and spent about $650- at marine machine shop with me providing springs / locks and retainers

did run into a glitch with springs - planned to go with isky 8005-a spring and 10degree locks and retainers per info in other posts but the installed height of those and most suggested HP500efi replacements are 1.875" w/ 135# seat pressure

My heads (casting..934) are set up at closer to 2" so shop said find a longer spring or machine in seat pockets -- and get to 1.875

I talked to Isky and they suggested ISKY 8205-SP which would have about 135# seat pressure at installed height of 1.950 and similar spring rate

Anyone else run into this? My engines are 2003 - both engines had same dimensions (one still had factory engine seals on it-so guessing it is original - at least no machining etc)

Not opposed to PAC or other spring either just looking to stay in bounds with what others have had success with!

Thanks, Tom

((glad I started early - need significant time to complete these projects!!!))
Old 03-01-2017, 08:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have nextek endurance spring available... its a bit heavier duty comes in at 170# @ 2.050 these are the GO TO spring for upgrade