Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
low compression 548 dyno testing has begun!! >

low compression 548 dyno testing has begun!!

Notices

low compression 548 dyno testing has begun!!

Old 02-12-2017, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 1,490 Likes on 805 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Thats a nasty ass looking intake, my speedmaster looked muvh better box stock. I have a pic of it in my previous pics on here but i never figured out how to post them using phone . It says to click and drag but it only works on my home computer, i took a pic of it modified yesterday but thats with my old phone and havent got them transferred over yet
Don't drag anything even though it says to. Just open click on pic and load.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Thats a nasty ass looking intake, my speedmaster looked muvh better box stock. I have a pic of it in my previous pics on here but i never figured out how to post them using phone . It says to click and drag but it only works on my home computer, i took a pic of it modified yesterday but thats with my old phone and havent got them transferred over yet
yes it is... I asked back when if they would be ok, I mean it's not like I cheated out after spending over 30,000 in parts... I would have gotten intakes if I was advised to. Oh well... I got ten now!!

Text me pics of yours
Old 02-12-2017, 04:46 PM
Registered

Btw. I must say you got it going on. I've got a lot on my plate so just kinda read through quickly although think it's great want your doing. Sorry if I missed it but is this going to be 8.5:1 builds with future forced induction or going to stay NA and just want to keep comp down. On another note I sent Valako a 2927 SV and he didn't like it and wanted to find something with longer runners. I suggested sniper jr and he didn't care for the cross section and evidently had tried it on a build and was done making power to low. So we left it with going with the brodix hv2001 dom flange. This was for 555/565 NA builds with the promaxx heads tricked out. I just jumped the gun before heads complete cause he plans to raise the floors.

Builds changed to SC so threw all the concerns of intake out the window. I woulda been very close to your position on this as I don't like to dyno to just look for afr', egt's and oil leaks. Funny how builds can be so similar yet result in completely different likes and needs.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:53 PM
Registered

Do a little reading btwn this and bck's and it makes my head hurt. Lol. Keep up the good work. I just ordered speedmaster blower intakes. i was a little reluctant at first cause their an 1" higher than most others. Hopefully the SC likes the extra plenum.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:57 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Your gonna have to rename your boat to "Wang Chung" Tonight.

Last edited by SB; 02-12-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

I am running this Canton pan.

https://www.cantonracingproducts.com...MP-MARINE-PAN/

I've had her up to 6500 in dyno several times, in full marine trim, with the remote filter, cooler, etc, and oil psi didn't dip even half a psi. 6200 in boat, no oil psi drops. I do however, only have a 4" stroke. fwiw.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by hogie roll
Great post. Keep it up.
I have the parts laying around, i got on this kick to make 680/700 reliable hp on 89 or 87 octane since i own the pistons already, IF I cant make 650 with a safe tune that can be held at wot for 20 min at a time or I blow this up on dyno then I'll punch both blocks to 4.600 and bump compression to 10-1

Im excited to see what your boat runs too. I like the 30-33' step boats for making a real hot rod.

You're definitely on the right track about RPMs and operating range
Gonna run the low compression until you get bored then boost them?
I have the parts laying around, i got on this kick to make 680/700 reliable hp on 89 or 87 octane since i own the pistons already, IF I cant make 650 with a safe tune that can be held at wot for 20 min at a time or I blow this up on dyno then I'll punch both blocks to 4.600 and bump compression to 10-1
Old 02-12-2017, 07:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I am running this Canton pan.

https://www.cantonracingproducts.com...MP-MARINE-PAN/

I've had her up to 6500 in dyno several times, in full marine trim, with the remote filter, cooler, etc, and oil psi didn't dip even half a psi. 6200 in boat, no oil psi drops. I do however, only have a 4" stroke. fwiw.
My 14 qt hardin pan was same way, This Canton -364 should work too, its actually got more features and is supposed to be a step up over the one you have but we all know there is alot of junk out there for sale!
Old 02-12-2017, 07:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Don't drag anything even though it says to. Just open click on pic and load.
Tried that, I can post a new pic from phone, load it and it will a[peear on bottom and allow me to ;post but If iI go click on a pic thats on OSO of mine where it shows the pages of previous pics even if I only click and dont drag it shows no picture, on home computer now.
Tim, here is a pic of my speedmaster box stock:
Attached Thumbnails low compression 548 dyno testing has begun!!-20160907_105331.jpg  
Old 02-12-2017, 07:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

yea, that looks a lot better then my Pro Comps....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.