525SC Pig in a poke *HELP PLEASE*

Notices

525SC Pig in a poke *HELP PLEASE*

Old 01-22-2018, 12:35 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Mohavvalley
I'm fairly handy and if I don't have the tools I have access to tools or I can buy them, I just don't know what I need to do. Can you post up a list of what I'd need to check?

I do agree on the might as well do's but I just want a good sold running motor that'll do 500Hrs. I don't need to upgrade drives or do a 100 on the river, so though it'll be tough to hold myself back it'll be what's best in the end.
It all needs to be checked by someone that knows exactly what they are doing and not by a first time DIY'r.
A 525SC is unlikely to go 500 hrs without being gone through. I did my top end at 340 hrs.
They also need 92 octane fuel. If exhaust has leaks, then it needs new at 2-3k.
They will break a standard bravo drive. I blew an upper apart on flat water with my 525SC.
Plan on it needing 5k to be completely gone through. It may be less but I'd plan on that much at least.