Overheating problem >

Overheating problem

Notices

Overheating problem

Old 06-11-2018, 08:35 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

water circ pumps also need to be changed depending on water conditions one boats in for timeframe. Even running in the cleanest waters, I am lost why many boaters run around with a 15 to 25 year old water circ pump. Just throwing that out.

clear hose method will find your area for the cooling issues.
Old 06-17-2018, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got to the boat and looked around i noticed part of the thermostat gasket was torn and when i pulled the housing to replace the gasket i jotinot the water hose going from the circle pump to block has a decent kink type bend in it so I'm going to replace yhat and see what happens
Old 06-21-2018, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright so I put everything back together and decided to double check all the hoses for debris. Apparently the "mechanic" I had change my impeller didn't backfluah the oul cooler at all, I had half an impeller fall out of the hose so I think it's safe to say I found the issue
Old 06-21-2018, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Yup, and his oil cooler should be mounted to frt of engine. With lower water hose off, you should be able to stick fingers up and feel. Very typical to find/feel lots of impellar pieces right there.

Surprised how many marinas don't do this after replacing worn out/busted up impeller. How can they not know ?

After this, and still heating up...then what Phragle said.
Along with run a piece of stiff wire through all of the oil cooler tubes. I just spent over an hour this week dislodging little pebbles stuck in mine.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

also, the merc pumps get scored on the end in the plastic housing and do not work well, most Merc kits include a new housing but many just change the impeller, which is fine some times..other not
Old 07-16-2019, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Silly Rabbits. You have what we call in the business BRAVO ITIUS ! The water supply hose coming through the gimbal assembly is restricted due to the aluminum on the hose exterior corroding and decreasing the interior diameter of the hose. MerCruiser has an upgraded transom rebuild kit to alleviate the problem. The through hose is now a rigid plastic tube to prevent collapse. We do it all the time.
Old 07-16-2019, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by fletchersmachine
Silly Rabbits. You have what we call in the business BRAVO ITIUS ! The water supply hose coming through the gimbal assembly is restricted due to the aluminum on the hose exterior corroding and decreasing the interior diameter of the hose. MerCruiser has an upgraded transom rebuild kit to alleviate the problem. The through hose is now a rigid plastic tube to prevent collapse. We do it all the time.
Ahhhh No, see post 13