Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
procharger questions >

procharger questions

Notices

procharger questions

Old 10-28-2002, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got my kit from rwmarine. He is member here on board. Paid by credit card & had kit shipped straight from procharger. I checked price with local people & none of them would/could come close on price. I know procharger has sale going on now so now is time to do it to get best price.

And as previous mentioned, DO NOT CALL PROCHARGER FOR TECH SUPPORT! Most of information I got from them was wrong & either knew better or talked to other OSO members to get right scoop.

Tech support with procharger is the only problem I have with procharger. That is a big problem, but you have excellent tech support here. I have only had mine one season but have friend that is on his 4 season with procharges & I am suprised that he has had no engine problems. If I was to do over again I would buy another procharger.
Old 10-28-2002, 06:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

what motor are you running, what speed gains, what did you do to carbs if any
Old 10-28-2002, 08:24 PM
NEVRENUFF

Johnnyboatman,

On the carb thing, BlownFormula is correct! Talk to Nickerson about the carb set-up. He advised me to do so and I just came off a 60 hour season with flawless operation.

I have a 1990 Baja 250ES with a 454 MAG (carburated) that I added an M1-SC with the AWS-324 intercooler and man what a great running package!

The short block was run through just about 100 hours before adding the procharger kit and I upgraded the heads and valvetrain to roller equipment.

Before the Procharger, the motor was basically stock with a set of Stainless Marine manifolds and risers. In that form the boat ran 61-62 MPH (gps) at 4800 RPM w/23P 3-blade.

Last run of the season was 79.9 MPH (gps) spinning 5600 RPM with a 26P Bravo I. The boat runs, accelerates, and handles great! And that's while running Corsa Silencer tips!

Post your questions here! Blown Formula and others have lots of input and experience! They were a great help to me!

With Twins, I can't imagine that you wouldn't see at least 18-20 MPH gain in a light boat like the Baja!

Old 10-28-2002, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

NEVRENUFF - Glad to hear your procharger setup worked so well. Do you have a picture to post? What intake manifold did you use?
Old 10-29-2002, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Kanookstr, what is a ball park $ for a 350 MAG MPI? I'll be looking to buy one after Christmas.
Old 10-29-2002, 02:19 PM
NEVRENUFF

Tomcat,

I used the stock 454 MAG aluminum intake. I'm pretty sure that it is a dual plane and the Mercruiser shop manual calls it a high rise?

I also had a cam ground (.570 lift) for the blower application. I can forward the specs to you if you are interested.

I want to try running the 7 # boost pulley set next spring. Of course that brings to mind your intercooler project. I have been thinking that I'd be better off with a bigger compressor to minimize heat build up but that would be expensive.

I've been following some of the threads on the project and it seems as though you have some good results with real data!

I do have some digital pics that I would post but I'm afraid I'm a novice with the utilities here on the board. How do I post the pictures?

Also, now that it is tinker time again, I'm interested hearing more on your improved intercooler. I have space under the hatch for more height and a little more working room around the carb box.

I prepped the intercooler with before and after ports for thermocouples, but never got a chance to install them and gather some data.

Anyone have experience running the M1-SC with the 7 PSI pulleys? What pressures have been measured?

Old 10-29-2002, 04:54 PM
32' SUNSATION
Platinum Member

Shah Mat your Private message feature is off? You'll have to turn it on to recieve a Private message
Old 10-29-2002, 05:20 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

NEVRENUFF

You need some kind of photo editing software to downsize the file to the limits on OSO, I think 75K. If you can't do it, send me an email with the pictures atttached. When you download from the digital camera save the pictures as JPEG files. That way they won't be too many bytes. I can post them for you.

I think that intake manifold has the carb base angled up at the back. The intercooler I just built is designed to work with the carb base parallel to the crank, like a Dart or Edelbrock manifold. Keep an eye on the other thread, I will need someone to do a test.
Old 10-31-2002, 06:41 AM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally posted by Kanookstr
Shah Mat your Private message feature is off? You'll have to turn it on to recieve a Private message
No It's on. I think the OSO people are having some technical difficulties
http://offshoreonly.com/forum/showth...threadid=35860

E-mail me;
[email protected]
Old 10-31-2002, 06:47 AM
NEVRENUFF

Tomcat,

I sent you a private e-mail a couple of days ago. Did you get it?

Quick Reply: procharger questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.