what drives can interchange with a bravo one transom >

what drives can interchange with a bravo one transom

Notices

what drives can interchange with a bravo one transom

Old 08-22-2018, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Have to ask -- Keith E is not building engines anymore ? I know he is IL or Ohio somewhere like that ?
Last I heard he was back working again for Don Onken after a brief retirement.
Old 08-23-2018, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbom700
Tuning a motor has nothing todo with Vacuum(maybe at idle but there are far better ways)
You either need a AFR gauge or start reading plugs.
Yes i also read plugs, been doing it that way for 26yrs since i got put of auto school, added vacuum for idle tuning, also worked with Holley marine carb techs tuning it in.

1st motor threw rod from low oil issue. Never had a carb or lean condition or i would have had blown a piston before a rod. Also plags were fine in color.

Guy who did rebuild only replaced 1 rod and bearing but charged me for full rebuild..it came back with missing bolts,harmonic balancee not on all the way, paint on gasket surfaces and paint in valve covers from thier paint job, that build blew piston 20min on water after 2hrs of breaking in drivewsy and plugs read perfect. The one that blew was not the one replaced before..

He blamed carb and lean missfire so since i had no knowedge if carb was rebuilt like previous owner claimed he did, i got brand new holley marine carb from jegs. Added vacuum guage for added tuning at idle since holley carbs out of the box are normslly bolt on ready or very close to ready to run. Same break in on the driveway. Never went full throttle. Ran great for 1.5hrs of driving on water(not straight 1.5hr driving but off and on). Then while on plane 2min not even wot a rod broke(not one that had been replaced, also broke cam,pan ect...then he claimed i over revved it..hummm total bs period.

So being fed up with half rebuilds i made him put in hbeam rods,forged pistons 30 over ,high volume oil pump and 10qt marine racing pan..

I also added new billet marine ditibutor with electronic ignition and rev limiter...
Tuned it ,tested it, worked more with holley to fine tune it. All was perfect.vacuum and plugs read great..got 20hrs breaking on water..

Then i put in the stock GM plugs for the gm motor and after 10hrs one blew up inside , shot out of motor to floor and shot its electrode thru my head creating pencil size hole across the head from cyl 4 to 6...i filed claim with GM and rep already said issue started where that plug was and tip looks good..he has only seen it 1 other time in his 20yrs at GM.

So 3rd build was good until that plug...i should have stayed with the NGK i usually use and that most use..

Now i have slapped together a motor with a block that had new rods and bearings with balanced crank, put my good head on, added another from another boat mechanic friend and all my old parts and it runs fine and looks as if it will get me thru till GM pays up then i will get mine redone again.

Actually have different issues now..my outdrive as it had been leaking from input shaft seal and finally gave ....got a upper donated to me but it did not have libe monitor port and i did not fill it all the wsy and froze it...slap together motor still runs great with great compresssion just need drive now...lol at least on that last drive i can say it was my mistake as i was not very mechamically inclined on my drive but now i am...lol i have an easy bravo one too..

Go figure...