LSA Engine Open Cooling?

Notices

LSA Engine Open Cooling?

Old 10-19-2018, 07:22 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1
I had a customer with a twin LSA application and we made some closed cooling tanks for him. PM me if you need any assistance. I still have some data and drawings that might help.

Dude thats NICE!
Old 10-19-2018, 08:49 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

I haven't looked but i would think Mrcool would also have stuff for the LS. Hardin Marine does.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts

$15k for a complete LT4 from GMPP. Relatively cheap compared to marine stuff.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:06 AM
15x
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Motor is from GM Performance, every motor they list states "Not for Marine Use". As far as I can find out, they do that due to the extreme use & or extended WOT. So the 2 year warranty they provide would not be honored obviously.
The GM Marine engine they list online is identical with the smaller/lower less desirable upper intercooler from the CTV-S.

Last edited by 15x; 10-19-2018 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:17 AM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

coming to market totally cleanable as everything is removable and put back together. No temp changes thru sections of the cooler itself because there is NO TONs of solder. . No seems to break or leak - no rolled metal with soldered
end caps and so forth. 10 times the quality at basically the same price. Even when an engine lets go - totally taken apart and totally cleanable. No more throw away oil coolers and the same for the heat exchangers. The Heat exchangers are the same but of course larger is diameter and length than the oil cooler shown so just picture this as larger in size.

Last edited by BUP; 10-19-2018 at 03:33 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 12:05 PM
15x
Registered

Looks great, Where do you have them available? website?
Old 10-19-2018, 03:36 PM
BUP
Banned

Next month - I am trying to data base the sizes of coolers and heat exchangers so I can cross reference from app to app. Not easy to do so that is talking alot of my time doing so.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
So the 6.2L SC motor here isn't provided by GM? I have been wondering as it seems like this would be a nice replacement for my 500EFI motors. Less weight, closed cooling and MORE room.

GM Marine Engines GM Powertrain Marine

i was going to go this route on my old boat. was impossible to get a answer from GM about it. none of the local GM dealers or area rep had no idea either

id honestly just get a iron block 6.0 and go that way with some hard anodized heads
Old 11-17-2018, 04:00 PM
15x
Registered

Originally Posted by BUP
coming to market totally cleanable as everything is removable and put back together. No temp changes thru sections of the cooler itself because there is NO TONs of solder. . No seems to break or leak - no rolled metal with soldered
end caps and so forth. 10 times the quality at basically the same price. Even when an engine lets go - totally taken apart and totally cleanable. No more throw away oil coolers and the same for the heat exchangers. The Heat exchangers are the same but of course larger is diameter and length than the oil cooler shown so just picture this as larger in size.
Do you have any of your heat exchangers available yet?
Old 11-19-2018, 07:49 PM
BUP
Banned

Sorry I missed this. I have some oil coolers in currently. I kind of messed up my timeframes here because I am working on cool fuels for Merc and Volvo with the same engineers here. I should have some heat exchangers coming in soon. My other delay is still making the list for crossovers per the OEM coolers and heat exchangers. That is very time consuming alone. For the past 2 weeks I got hammered with winterizations because our lows last week was 4 days straight in the 20 s. I am trying to catch up with this. THANKS for asking and your time

Last edited by BUP; 11-19-2018 at 07:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.