LS Build: In Progress >

LS Build: In Progress

Notices

LS Build: In Progress

Old 04-06-2019, 08:09 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Coolthat you guys are able to do it. Full face helmet looks dumb when riding in a boat but it sure is warm !!!

My lake is still frozen, Our snow is almost gone,but holding out in the shade. My dirt roads still have sections with frost in them.

mggdoors - sunday better than week-day to call or ?????
Old 04-06-2019, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
Good point MT with superior flowing heads less duration necessary. Good example is Valakos 565 ci peaks hp at 6K with a little 236/244 duration cam. Running solid rollers to boot. Makes complete sense.

Endeavor32 and I took a not so cozy temp lake MI ride today in his 37 AT but did some prop changing and had fun regardless. Mike said my face was redder than my maga hat. Lol....

Regardless keep at it doug and I know you will. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Get some more deposits for doors and get some heads coming. You might even be able to get away with your existing cams. Good thread.
Thanks John. The same place that dynos my engine does porting. $500 per set will get me 370cfm vs 320 stock. But I have other future plans. Afr 230 v2 heads. The cats meow on an ls3 app.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

That will definately wake it up. I assume that's at .600 + - Ya I went with cnc brodix on my 421 sbc. It was night and day difference from the old ported camel back closed chamber heads. All takes time and money but in the end as long as you and the engines are happy that's all ultimately matters.

Do do you still have your custom BBC blower cams you ordered prior to change in builds?
Old 04-06-2019, 10:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by getrdunn
That will definately wake it up. I assume that's at .600 + - Ya I went with cnc brodix on my 421 sbc. It was night and day difference from the old ported camel back closed chamber heads. All takes time and money but in the end as long as you and the engines are happy that's all ultimately matters.

Do do you still have your custom BBC blower cams you ordered prior to change in builds?
No. sold everything from big blocks.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:32 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

What would be reall estimated diference in power betwen this nice engine from thread and original Chevrolet LS3 376/480 480hp V8 Crate Engine Partsworld Performance or Chevrolet LS3 376/525 V8 Engine Partsworld Performance with marine exhausts like http://www.californiamarine.com/part...tnumber=123215 ?

Last edited by plavutka; 04-07-2019 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would love to see your results with a good cathedral head. I think the LS3 style heads are not what you want in a boat. I eagerly watch every comparison I find where they compare motors with both heads and the cathedral always wins out in the torque range applicable to us. That was why I posted the link to that max effort build earlier in your thread. They could have easily chosen some wild LS7 style heads, but opted for cathedral heads to get the flat trq curve and lower rpm range. I think some of the guys posting after your results missed that link. Granted they did not have to worry about reversion or crappy exhaust, but other than that that would have made an awesome boat motor.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fastestbowtie
I would love to see your results with a good cathedral head. I think the LS3 style heads are not what you want in a boat. I eagerly watch every comparison I find where they compare motors with both heads and the cathedral always wins out in the torque range applicable to us. That was why I posted the link to that max effort build earlier in your thread. They could have easily chosen some wild LS7 style heads, but opted for cathedral heads to get the flat trq curve and lower rpm range. I think some of the guys posting after your results missed that link. Granted they did not have to worry about reversion or crappy exhaust, but other than that that would have made an awesome boat motor.
The cathedral ports are a good option. You will find that the ls3 heads in many cases make more power and torque almost everywhere. But then again when using aftermarket heads you will find it much more evened out. Stock for stock the ls3 heads win hands down, even in our operating range. https://www.lsenginediy.com/proven-s...ch-ls-engines/. There are some good builds here that may interest you.
Old 04-11-2019, 08:40 PM
Registered

Verified cam timing. Survey says it is within .5 degrees of centerline. Out she comes. I have decided since I am going to be forced to add split thus adding overlap that I am going to step this **** up a notch. I know it will have to be dry exhaust at this point so screw it. Will give specs within the hour

Last edited by mggdoors; 04-11-2019 at 08:42 PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:25 PM
Registered

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by mggdoors
There was a guy a few years back that put them in a raceboat that replaced some big hp bigblocks. A cat if I recall. He seamed to love them compared to the bigblocks. I would be interested to find him on here and ask how they are holding up.
They were very high end 750hp LS7 builds. At least 427s, maybe bigger I don’t recall. A skater in Michigan had them.
Old 04-12-2019, 02:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hogie roll

They were very high end 750hp LS7 builds. At least 427s, maybe bigger I don’t recall. A skater in Michigan had them.
Yes those are the ones. Would be interested in hearing longevity and maintenance requirements on them

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.