LS Build: In Progress >

LS Build: In Progress

Notices

LS Build: In Progress

Old 01-30-2019, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by mggdoors

Good power cam. See how the int/ex split forces the exhaust closing past 0 (8in headers would be great. We run dry down here, screw reversion.t your case). I can see why you had to go dry. Good for scavenging. Bad for reversion. I opted the other way to keep the db down and headers are not in the budget. Yet........... lol. Any dyno numbers??
Are you using a cam design program? Or some predictive modeling? Does seem with the cam Corey has that long tube headers would be nice, as for reversion. Down here we just run dry headers, screw the noise and there are no laws. I think ICDPLE uses some type of muffler on his dry pipe blower motor that worked good. I THINK,,,,,
Old 01-30-2019, 10:55 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
Are you using a cam design program? Or some predictive modeling? Does seem with the cam Corey has that long tube headers would be nice, as for reversion. Down here we just run dry headers, screw the noise and there are no laws. I think ICDPLE uses some type of muffler on his dry pipe blower motor that worked good. I THINK,,,,,
I am dealer for Cam motion. I use their event timer. I have built or have helped in building more ls engines than I can count so we have tested several different components and have seen real results of how they effect the engine on this specific platform. With that said I know this being a marine app I have to considee 3 things: reversion, peak rpm, operating range. In a reversion scenario, especially with limited scavenging, you cant have a ton of overlap and exhaust closing way past 0. It is not a 1 or the other scenario but close considering our cubic inches. Throw in some lazy heads like the ls3 heads due to big cross section and we have intake reversion as well. I chose to combat this with a) dual plane- strong signal reduces intake reversion thus reduces exhsust reversion and also I dont need to peak at 68-7200 b) evc event c) trying to get ivo event to come off seat at max piston velocity to reduce lazy signal from opening too early. That is a simple calculation. Basically to answer your question I try to build cams for what the engine combo as a whole is via educated guess ( prior builds we have done, tested) and timing events. Let the lsa and advance lie where they may as long as the events make sense.
Old 01-30-2019, 11:00 AM
Registered

Moving right along
Old 01-30-2019, 05:58 PM
Registered

Oiling mods. 1/2” holes drilled in lifter trays for drainback. Still need to debur I know. Also pic of billet barbell for back of block. Much tighter tolerances= less oil seeping by.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing to keep in mind is the oil to the head is the only means to cool the valve springs...big issue on BB's not sure on the LS setups, none of the ones we run or have we did anything to the oiling other than a ported H/P oil pump..Rob
Old 01-31-2019, 07:56 AM
Registered

What is "billet barbell for back of block. "?
Old 01-31-2019, 10:07 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 946 Likes on 475 Posts

What is "billet barbell for back of block. "?
yep...goes in from the back and directs oil into the oil filter...if it wasn't there then unfiltered oil would go straight up to the bearings. The stock plastic ones have a thicker shaft that's more "restrictive" and they fit kinds loose in the bore...these are made to be tighter so less likely of any unfiltered oil getting by.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 01-31-2019, 10:48 AM
Registered

Looked through but who's blocks are you using and why cast iron?
Old 01-31-2019, 01:56 PM
Registered

Looked through but who's blocks are you using and why cast iron?
Im using 2008 ly6 blocks. Chose these due to priority main oiling being gen iv which requires vvt delete. I went iron because of strength( found out how much a aluminum ls2 could handle the hard way at 22psi boost in the gto). Way less cylinder distortion. Also much less swing in bearing clearance while waiting for blocks to warm up. Msin reason is raw water cooling. I do not run in salt and am saving an astronomical amount of money by avoiding closed cooling. Mainly out in havasu and Phoenix.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mggdoors

Im using 2008 ly6 blocks. Chose these due to priority main oiling being gen iv which requires vvt delete. I went iron because of strength( found out how much a aluminum ls2 could handle the hard way at 22psi boost in the gto). Way less cylinder distortion. Also much less swing in bearing clearance while waiting for blocks to warm up. Msin reason is raw water cooling. I do not run in salt and am saving an astronomical amount of money by avoiding closed cooling. Mainly out in havasu and Phoenix.
So GM blocks and heads not aftermarket? Question, for me I will want closed cooling as I boat in salt. Of course it adds weight, would you still do a cast block or go Aluminum? Its funny because the 6.2SC motor GM offers is aluminum.

What would you do cast or AL?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.