Trans cooler dumps >

Trans cooler dumps

Notices

Trans cooler dumps

Old 02-28-2019, 07:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts

I also had a 28 cigarette the had two of the standard cooler adapted to the plate that bolts to the transmission. It made it a double pass thru system. Worked well I never had any problems with those transmissions and I owned that boat for 11 yrs and ran it hard.
Old 02-28-2019, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cig28
I have the one that Kirk from k.c.marine developed. It looks like a heat exchanger with about 10 small tubes running thru it. It works great I never see my oil temp go above 110-125 and that running at steady 4K rpms. Having the oil temp gauge and oil pressure gauge is a great thing to install you can keep an eye on the transmissions functions.
man, I have 14 gauges (16 counting tachs) but no trans temp or pressure. Out of space and money.

do you tap into oil reservoir. I wouldn’t think measuring water temp out of cooler would be accurate?
Old 02-28-2019, 07:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Old 03-01-2019, 12:24 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ttrm007

man, I have 14 gauges (16 counting tachs) but no trans temp or pressure. Out of space and money.

do you tap into oil reservoir. I wouldn’t think measuring water temp out of cooler would be accurate?
There's a pipe plug on the port side of those trannys down low where you can put a temp sender if you want. Your right, measuring the water temp going through there won't tell you nothing.
Old 03-01-2019, 08:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I'm not using the gauge to measure water pressure . I'm have a gauge for measuring oil pressure and a gauge for oil temp. I put a sender where the drain plug would go and there's a plug on the back of the transmission you can use to run a pressure gauge.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:07 PM
Registered

Received 1,490 Likes on 805 Posts

love it when I start to second guess something and you guys come with straight facts!! Now there’s no doubt!

thank you all.
Keep an eye on temps. The Gatling gun style cooler is an excellent investment. Or if your good with copper you can make your own and be much further ahead than stock. One of their weekest links is cooling. I might have missed but make sure you run your hose directly from raw water pump port.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by getrdunn

Keep an eye on temps. The Gatling gun style cooler is an excellent investment. Or if your good with copper you can make your own and be much further ahead than stock. One of their weekest links is cooling. I might have missed but make sure you run your hose directly from raw water pump port.
Do you have a pic or link to the kid of cooler you are talking about? Is it something that replaces the stock cooler?
Old 03-03-2019, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 1,490 Likes on 805 Posts

Do you have a pic or link to the kid of cooler you are talking about? Is it something that replaces the stock cooler?

KC Marine is who I believe I purchased a couple from about 4-5 years ago it seems however having difficulties finding same site. Not sure what happened to them or if they are still in business. I thought the owner or employee use to be an active member here. Might be mistaking though. Thought for sure I'd be able to pull up a pic of one on the net but with a quick search I couldn't. The pic here is just an example of kinda what they look like only bolt in as a direct replacement and externally look the same where they bolt in. Maybe put place in wanted section. Someone will have one on here. I sold mine couple years back. Again this pic is just an example of what I'm refeering to.

Old 03-03-2019, 03:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by getrdunn

KC Marine is who I believe I purchased a couple from about 4-5 years ago it seems however having difficulties finding same site. Not sure what happened to them or if they are still in business. I thought the owner or employee use to be an active member here. Might be mistaking though. Thought for sure I'd be able to pull up a pic of one on the net but with a quick search I couldn't. The pic here is just an example of kinda what they look like only bolt in as a direct replacement and externally look the same where they bolt in. Maybe put place in wanted section. Someone will have one on here. I sold mine couple years back. Again this pic is just an example of what I'm refeering to.

Ahhh I see. I like the idea a lot. Basically a lot more cool water against a lot more trans oil...
Old 03-03-2019, 04:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I heard Kirk from kc marine past away that's way the sight is gone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.