Notices

Intercooler fitment with weiand intake

Old 03-04-2019, 03:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 250 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Intercooler fitment with weiand intake

Does anyone know why this intercooler "will not fit weiand intake manifold"

https://www.hardin-marine.com/p-12447-6-71-thru-14-71-ke-cast-aluminum-superchiller-intercooler.aspx

thanks
Old 03-04-2019, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 1,493 Likes on 807 Posts

Does the intake just need to be opened up? Or is it the bolt pattern. I was thinking they were all the same but then again I haven't done more than just a few blower builds. I don't know why weiand would be any different than any other in regards to bolt pattern.

That link you posted disnt didn't work for me but I just went to Hardins site and found the chiller your refeering to and ya saw where it said won't fit weiand intake.

Last edited by getrdunn; 03-04-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

https://www.hardin-marine.com/p-1244...tercooler.aspx
Old 03-04-2019, 04:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

There...I think that one works lol

Yea not sure what the deal is..I looked on teagues site and it says the same thing about a superchiller?? It can't be the bolt pattern I wouldn't think or else the blower wouldn't fit right?? Idk I'm stumped as to what it can be??

May have to give a call to Teague and see what they say just thought maybe someone had some info if it can be done or not...don't really want to buy another intake lol
Old 03-04-2019, 04:25 PM
Registered

Sorry not a lot of help but I just looked up different blower intakes and is it possible the intake opening on the weiand protrudes out a tad further than the bolt holes in the front? Just a guess. If somebody doesn't get you an answer make a quick call. To Hardin or cp
Old 03-04-2019, 04:31 PM
Registered

After looking at pic again of chiller still makes no sense. TBS polished one doesn't say it. Strange.
Old 03-04-2019, 04:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

No problem..I actually just called Teague...didn't realize theirs said it as well as I hadn't looked till now lol....reason it doesn't fit is because the weiand intake is set back towards the dist. and nobody else's intake does this...the intercooler tank hits the dist. so I guess if you are running coil near plug or something of that effect that eliminates the dist or runs a flat cap you could get away with it maybe....guess I'm in the market for an intake too!! hahaha
Old 03-05-2019, 10:17 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Just an update for everyone...I talked to the blower shop and their "new style" intercoolers WILL fit the weiand intake...they made a half moon provision on the rear tank to accommodate the dist. on this intake...they also WILL sell you just the rear tank to convert and "old style flatback version" to a new style