Blower motor surge >

Blower motor surge

Notices

Blower motor surge

Old 09-11-2019, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
So after messing with it for another day....I said screw it and bought 2 new 950 holley carbs....much much better!! Still a slight surge when it warmed up but a couple more adjustments and I think I'll have it....not sure if the baseplates are bent or what on the old carbs but they were just way too inconsistent something is not right with them...so easiest way out was to just buy new ones and jet accordingly.

Also locked my timing at 30...I know it's not ideal but to take one variable out of the equation and actually get this thing on the water and run it I decided to lock it...can always change it later
locking the timing is fine on your setup, helps idle quality, idle circut is different in the new carbs, so both locked timing and new carbs helped, if you need help getting dialed in try calling holley tech guys, sometime you get one that is great on issues like this..