Notices

Torque Lean

Old 09-26-2019, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation Torque Lean

03 tremor close bow, - 25 foot boat
re freshen the motor last winter
new motor is got a ton more power but anything over 60-70% throttle and accelerating it rolls pretty hard

merc ITS with a bravo 1 XR 1.5 ratio, standard length leg - not sure on prop dept in relation to the bottom of the hull

currently running a stock RH 28P bravo, rolls hard to port - moved weight around and makes no diffrence

ran a labbed bravo 1 LH 30, rolls just as hard to starboard and the exact same top speed.

cant trim up out of the roll as it puts the boat into a pretty good porpoise

any ideas?
Old 09-26-2019, 01:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 249 Likes on 125 Posts

I have this very same problem on my 28 heat...I can trim up and throttle through it but mid range cruising is baadddd....I installed 280 kplanes as part of my rebuild and I have to drag the port tab at like 4-5 on the indicator and it pops up level like nothing happened....not sure if tabs are an option for you or not?

I have also heard that switching to a LH prop and obviously switching your shifter helps with the roll but I can't speak from experience on that

Good luck!!
Old 09-26-2019, 02:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY
I have this very same problem on my 28 heat...I can trim up and throttle through it but mid range cruising is baadddd....I installed 280 kplanes as part of my rebuild and I have to drag the port tab at like 4-5 on the indicator and it pops up level like nothing happened....not sure if tabs are an option for you or not?

I have also heard that switching to a LH prop and obviously switching your shifter helps with the roll but I can't speak from experience on that

Good luck!!
has 24' tabs on it, they can correct it but running wide open it scrubs a ton of speed and im not down with that haha, tried the left hand, just made it lean on the starboard side

im 96% sure its drive line torque and ist just rolling the boat but i have no idea how to fix it, change gear ration?
shorty drive to lessen the leverage point?
do a surface drive? haha
Old 09-26-2019, 02:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 249 Likes on 125 Posts

I hear ya on scrubbing speed....obviously different boats but I have a shorty on mine and it made no difference on the lean....that's all I got lol

Does it do it with the drive all the way tucked in? I know mine does it worse when I'm trimmed out...Also if its a pad boat you may be right at the point of falling off the pad making the lean much worse..have you tried the ole steering wheel flick and see if it will jump up on the pad and correct itself? Just a thought maybe??
Old 09-26-2019, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

the its has a setback to it. With a standard lower your prop is now even deeper. so a big prop not only pushes the boat forward, it also turn the drive into a lever resulting in the lean. try borrowing a shorty lower. also if your still running a 3 blade try a 4 blade prop.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:41 PM
Registered

no pad, its a single step v hull 24* V, small step - maybe 1-2 inches deep

been trying all 4 blade props
little to no diffrence on the lean between zero trim and its happy area when cursing, to much trim it just purposes
Old 09-26-2019, 02:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by phragle
the its has a setback to it. With a standard lower your prop is now even deeper. so a big prop not only pushes the boat forward, it also turn the drive into a lever resulting in the lean. try borrowing a shorty lower. also if your still running a 3 blade try a 4 blade prop.
do you think its a diameter or the pitch that shows this effect more?
like staying with a 28p but going to a 15 or 14.75" diameter should lessen the roll?
Old 09-26-2019, 04:33 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Just a thought

Maybe try a 3 blade to reduce the lift. Boat is out of the water like a bass boat, but weight is much greater
Old 09-26-2019, 07:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AllDodge
Just a thought

Maybe try a 3 blade to reduce the lift. Boat is out of the water like a bass boat, but weight is much greater
i dont think the lift is the issue unless im missing something

if anything i feel like if i could get more lift with less trim it may let it flatten out and not purpose
Old 09-26-2019, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I doubt that you have the HP to cause the lean.
I would say it is your drive depth. when You go back you have to go up.
borrow a shortie and see - it should help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.