CmI tailpipe thru transom help >

CmI tailpipe thru transom help

Notices

CmI tailpipe thru transom help

Old 05-16-2020, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CmI tailpipe thru transom help

I got a set of cmi with tail pipes and have to cut them down to length..how would I fix the end for the water jackets and drain? and have to make it from 4 to 4.5 inch to fit. I read that the older style(which I have ) I just use a rubber boot to hold the tail in place or do I just get new transom rings?anyone have any pictures or advice..thank you.
Old 05-17-2020, 12:40 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Not really understanding your question I have older CMI's and my tails go all the way through the transom. Transom holes are a little more than 4.5" and have these https://www.cpperformance.com/c-467-transom-rings.aspx
Old 05-17-2020, 11:30 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Griff;4739315]Not really understanding your question I have older CMI's and my tails go all the way through the transom. Transom holes are a little more than 4.5" and have these https://www.cpperformance.com/c-467-transom-rings.aspx[/QUOTE

sorry ya was just typing away lol..so I have 4inch already going to 4.5 water jacketed pipes.. was told to use a rubber boot but I was goin to use the 4.5 rings anyway.

Other question was the pipes I have are 4foot and I need to cut them down to length. Heard to use a ss rod and reweld the tips closed but leave a "dam" and slit for the water to exit as well a hole on the bottom outside pipe
Old 05-18-2020, 08:22 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If your new setup is going to be 4.5" tails through transom your old transom trim ring that is 4.5" will not work. The link provided in prior post has the size you need. Read the descriptions and you will know which one to get.