Top Engine Rebuilders >

Top Engine Rebuilders

Notices

Top Engine Rebuilders

Old 08-02-2020, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Top Engine Rebuilders

Looking at pulling the ILMOR out this fall and sending her on vacation. (MV-10 625, 417 hrs.)
Please let me know if you have used one of the two im looking at, for your boat and how everything went.
With putting some miles on rebuild, not just rebuilt to sell.
Thank you for your vote!

#1 Kevin Singlton Exotic Eng. Development, RENO

#2 Alexi, If you know him you already know where he's at, lol.

#3 Will in Texas, Again if you know him you know where he's a already.

Or?

The hard part is the Mopar Viper motor, Sounds awesome, V-10 Nat. inspired. But there isn't a deep pool of people that really know the motors.
And what they need over what ILMOR didn't do.

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-02-2020, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I had good luck with Dave at Wesco Racing Engines. He’s a really nice guy and a lot closer then the other engine builders you mentioned. I’ve also worked with Eddie Young and he’s great as well. I think going more local is important with our short boating season. That way if something happens you can get it fixed in a hurry.
The following 3 users liked this post by SecondWind:
OPS VZLA (08-02-2020), PartyBarge22 (08-19-2020), tommymonza (08-03-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 08:36 AM
Registered

Do you have Ilmor power? I would love a closer builder, just fear a very good closure builder that has not done ilmors may miss a known issue or not know best proven fix.

After hours and hours of research, there're are not a lot of people that have rebuilt 20 plus ilmors.

My hope is that with ilmor rebuild experience, something does not happen.
Old 08-02-2020, 08:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Where are you located?
Old 08-02-2020, 09:04 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SR24Dave View Post
Do you have Ilmor power? I would love a closer builder, just fear a very good closure builder that has not done ilmors may miss a known issue or not know best proven fix.

After hours and hours of research, there're are not a lot of people that have rebuilt 20 plus ilmors.

My hope is that with ilmor rebuild experience, something does not happen.
No I had a supercharged custom BBC built by Eddie Young. I snapped the timing chain over a holiday weekend at LOTO. Dave is based out of Jenison, MI and was able to squeeze me in right away and saved my boating season. He had all kinds of of engines laying around his shop. Iíd be shocked if he hasnít rebuilt Ilmor V-10s.
Old 08-02-2020, 11:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave Wesseldyk is very gifted and talented and absolutely quailifies as one of the country's top marine/offshore engine builders and riggers. I frequently stop by his shop as I live only a few miles away. I am not sure if he has built any ilmor engines, but I initially witnessed seeing a few customers bring in some of Merc's 1350hp and 1100hp turbo engines that he had to design and fabricate his own tools to accomplish the rebuilds on---and that has already been a few years ago. Being that he might be the one of only a few engine builders that can rebuild the high tech Merc Turbo line of engines, I would be very confident in his abilities to rebuild an ilmor engine.

I have seen Dave figure out and fix engine issues including electrical wiring problems that nobody else could seem to solve and he is a master at rigging and knowing how to properly plumb a marine engine in a boat as well. He gets a lot of business locally and from the surrounding states in the Midwest, but I've seen customers bring him their engines from all over the country.
He gets most of his work by his reputation and referrals. He's worth a phone call. 616-308-5119
The following users liked this post:
tommymonza (08-03-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Who is Will in Texas? Sorry, haven't heard of him. Location? Shop info? Any info appreciated.
Old 08-02-2020, 02:03 PM
Registered

Will in Texas works for a shop that does very high end viper rebuilds 98% race applications with stupid power, turbo and SC motors and some marine motors aswell.
I will try to find the shop name again. I only dropped them off my short list, because My 20-25 ish K wasn't enough to get there attention on a rebuild.
All I remember is that they are very well known in TX for Dodge Viper car builds, Top 5 in country IMHO.
RSI Racing Solutions. Plano TX. I think. But Take a look at "Exotic Engine Development", Kevin Singleton I put a link for the Trophy Truck, and his FB has some very solid builds and a lot of additional information on options to make the Vipers bas a**.

Im located in Northern Illinois, However planning to pull motor and ship this fall, and send drive back to ADS for their inspection of new Stage 5 with drive guardian installed.

**Kinda more so looking for anyone that has personally used Kevin @ Exotic Engine Development (CA. our Reno) or Alexi @ Boost Power. I have only heard very good things about both of them and right now its a 50-50 decision. Just waiting on additional info from Kevin.

Thank you for the other leads, but I feel my budget can get me the best of the best in a very limited arena of Viper Marine applications, and more than willing to spend the $ to not have any problems with a smaller shop, personalities, or "My buddy" shops.

Why a Viper motor? Listen to the trophy truck, my boat sounds just like it. And it moves my cat pretty quick.

Video of the Trophy Truck
shunter2005 (08-02-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 02:18 PM
Registered

Even thought about a full re-rig with twin OB Merc's but They are just to quiet for me. Kinda like a Tesla. Very fast but no noise.
I guess after growing up watching Miami Vice, I want to hear something.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Why not just send it back to Ilmor in Michigan. They arenít that far from you ?
Padraig (08-02-2020)

OSO Sponsor
OSO Advertiser
OSO Advertiser

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.

OSO Advertiser