525EFI with AMSOIL Dominator 15w50 >

525EFI with AMSOIL Dominator 15w50

Notices

525EFI with AMSOIL Dominator 15w50

Old 08-04-2020, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 525EFI with AMSOIL Dominator 15w50

Morning fellas...Just trying to put my mind at ease...I've got a new to me 353 FasTech with a pair of 525efi...and currently have Dominator 15w50 Motor oil with only about 10hours and no issues at all...But after talking with AMSOIL and seeing numerous other posts regarding Oil and the Blue Motors...Im a little on edge without the detergent levels of other oils I see...All other tests show top quality results...
Anybody else running this oil ?
Old 08-04-2020, 07:02 AM
Registered

Received 107 Likes on 82 Posts

I think it's going to what your "happy" with to run? I have used synthetic oils in everything I own for the past 20+ years. That said I joined OSO 2 yrs ago and naturally followed posting on "oil" and popular choice is Mobil-1 15-50 so that's what I use. concerns about "detergent levels" now that's interesting because with synthetic oil in engines don't usually build-up any crud unless oil changes are neglected. On a side note I worked for VW/Audi 40 years and from 2005 all engines required synthetic oil.

that's my 2 cents
The following users liked this post:
OPS VZLA (08-04-2020)
Old 08-04-2020, 07:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by PA.WOODCHUCK
I think it's going to what your "happy" with to run? I have used synthetic oils in everything I own for the past 20+ years. That said I joined OSO 2 yrs ago and naturally followed posting on "oil" and popular choice is Mobil-1 15-50 so that's what I use. concerns about "detergent levels" now that's interesting because with synthetic oil in engines don't usually build-up any crud unless oil changes are neglected. On a side note I worked for VW/Audi 40 years and from 2005 all engines required synthetic oil.

that's my 2 cents
thanks ..that was one of my thoughts and possible choices with Redline also ..
just with the Dominator ..it specifically says don’t use with long service intervals in vehicles so I was a little gun shy ..
thanks for the help 👍
Old 08-04-2020, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Believe it or not, we use to run on straight 30w Pennzoil in engines! What were we thinking!
I've only run Mobil1 in all my engines for the last 20+ years and have close to 1 million miles. Never had an oil related failure. Engines have been really clean internally also. And I'm very laxed on intervals.
Old 08-04-2020, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I use AMSOIL for all my vehicles/equipment. For my 500EFI and 454 Merc motor, I went back and forth with AMSOIL technical support and they said 20W50 ARO or 20W50 ZRF. I ended up using ZRF with good oil analysis results after each oil change. I would get into specifics as to why but that gets very boring.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

I’ve been running Amsoil 15w50 racing oil for over 10 years in a 700hp 524ci motor. I know I’m going to get ridiculed for this, but I go 2 seasons. The oil is so clean I have a hard time checking my level. I also run the Donaldson 2qt filter and a Masterlube pre-oiler/oil make up unit. I’ve done a partial tear down and checked bores they still look new. I also keep it in a temperature controlled garage. The crazy thing is that I’m still running the stock cooler and the oil gets to 280 running 80+ for any great distance. Thats the temp before the cooler. I’m just as worried about corrosion during the long winters and Amsoil is the best at fighting that.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rookie
Believe it or not, we use to run on straight 30w Pennzoil in engines! What were we thinking!
I've only run Mobil1 in all my engines for the last 20+ years and have close to 1 million miles. Never had an oil related failure. Engines have been really clean internally also. And I'm very laxed on intervals.
Ok thanks..Looks Like Mobil 1 is one of the top contenders for sure..
Old 08-05-2020, 05:36 AM
Registered

MMatt28....I had looked at that..might end up with that as well..we've got off-season from basically end of September and tucked away until late May early June...So the added protection for storage is a bonus ...Thanks for the input
Old 08-05-2020, 05:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin
I’ve been running Amsoil 15w50 racing oil for over 10 years in a 700hp 524ci motor. I know I’m going to get ridiculed for this, but I go 2 seasons. The oil is so clean I have a hard time checking my level. I also run the Donaldson 2qt filter and a Masterlube pre-oiler/oil make up unit. I’ve done a partial tear down and checked bores they still look new. I also keep it in a temperature controlled garage. The crazy thing is that I’m still running the stock cooler and the oil gets to 280 running 80+ for any great distance. Thats the temp before the cooler. I’m just as worried about corrosion during the long winters and Amsoil is the best at fighting that.
hahah...no ridiculing from this guy..I'm just glad to know someone else is having great results with this stuff...I was just surprised with AMSOIL telling me I should be looking at other types .. I know my motors aren't alcohol burning or wide open throttle off-shore built motors...but they also aren't the run of the mill engines found in many cruisers or bow riders. and I quite simply want THE BEST oil I can get..
Thanks for the input
Old 08-05-2020, 07:48 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hope your search goes well. I boat in the north east and have the same season structure and that’s why I leaned more towards the ZRF. Also, it has friction modifiers like the dominator oil. The biggest problem with these applications is fuel dilution. This came up as an issue for every oil analysis after 30 to 40 hours of use.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.