525 running rough, back fire? >

525 running rough, back fire?

Notices

525 running rough, back fire?

Old 05-05-2021, 11:17 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
So does Peter Paradox have two screen names ?
It's ok, no harm done. Sorry to be rude, just frustrated. Peter Marton and Paradox is the same, I had to log in through Facebook, since on this computer I don't remember my OSO password, Made me log in through face book so I guess it created a mew member. I didn't have the time nor the patience to reset the OSO password on this computer. So, at the end of the day I AM the OP.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 417 Likes on 246 Posts

The Rinda is not a troubleshooter that you just plug in and it tells you what part to change. You have to look at the data it displays, and have to know how to decipher it.

You need to check fuel pressure under load, when the issue is happening. Low rpm/low load/free revving, doesn't use much fuel. I would start here still.
The following users liked this post:
1BIGJIM (05-05-2021)
Old 05-05-2021, 12:14 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
So does Peter Paradox have two screen names ?
Sure did confuse me. OOPS

Originally Posted by underpsi68
The Rinda is not a troubleshooter that you just plug in and it tells you what part to change. You have to look at the data it displays, and have to know how to decipher it.

You need to check fuel pressure under load, when the issue is happening. Low rpm/low load/free revving, doesn't use much fuel. I would start here still.
Key point above.
To OP, FYI, with the Diacom you can record data.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:28 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,043 Likes on 1,355 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter L. Marton
It's ok, no harm done. Sorry to be rude, just frustrated. Peter Marton and Paradox is the same, I had to log in through Facebook, since on this computer I don't remember my OSO password, Made me log in through face book so I guess it created a mew member. I didn't have the time nor the patience to reset the OSO password on this computer. So, at the end of the day I AM the OP.
I thought so from your previous post ....all good
Old 05-05-2021, 03:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cheech
Sure did confuse me. OOPS

Key point above.
To OP, FYI, with the Diacom you can record data.
I will take it on the water and check fuel pressure. However, I just talked to Diacom / Rinda tech (BTW very inpatient dude) got to the fault history, nothin major, erased everything, started engine up, NO CODES. All possible descriptions and the screen is zero. Yet, I know I have some since my smartcraft screen show it. Some "pitot" code and a few minor things that I am aware of like tilt chit. It's either my laptop, (doubtful it's only a few month ole ) or the scan. Besides me of course, but there is nothing to interpret or decipher is nothing shows on the screen. Oh. BTW, I managed to put the pins back.
Old 05-05-2021, 03:15 PM
Banned

At any rate, I was hoping the Rinda will tell me that I have a spark plug issue, misfire at ? cylinder, fuel issue, coil issue or whatever. I know the PCM records the stuff.
Old 05-06-2021, 01:20 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Originally Posted by Peter L. Marton
Two screen names are not allowed. Find the time and patience.
Old 05-06-2021, 06:34 AM
Registered

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

How about starting with the basics , Compression , Leak Down and Spark Tests , on all Cylinders .That will give you a good idea of the mechanical health of the engine first. The running rough and Backfires could be a blow head gasket , which is common on the 525s . Post your test findings , them we can help you . Throwing parts at it is a bad way to fix it .The Scan tool will not fix it, or you or tell you what is wrong. It only gives you data to analyze. T
The following 3 users liked this post by dunnitagain:
OldSchool (05-07-2021), SB (05-06-2021), Unlimited jd (05-06-2021)
Old 05-06-2021, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff
Two screen names are not allowed. Find the time and patience.
I didn't ask or set up new screen name. Anyone can log in in view. When I tried to reply to a post (as a guest) the system said "Sign in with Facebook". So I did. OSO created the PLM account. A glitch? Anyway. back on PARADOX screen name. THX P
Old 05-06-2021, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Said you had all the plugs out. You sure wires are on the correct plug?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.