Bravo-merc 525 water pressure issue >

Bravo-merc 525 water pressure issue

Notices

Bravo-merc 525 water pressure issue

Old 05-20-2021, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

47 is approaching the upper limits, the 29 is not high on closed cooled 525/600/700
Old 05-20-2021, 09:58 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

Remember on 525/600/700 its about water flow not water psi to cool the headers, etc. If your headers are getting hot thats definitely not a good scenario for header longevity, your water flow is compromised. Start from the beginning trace the lines taking each line and each cooler apart. Make a tool that your comfortable with to work thru every single cooler opening most importantly in the opposite direction of flow. Back flush each in opposite direction of flow. Take your time you will get it. Finally while at it, make sure your impeller and impeller housing are brand new and not defective for a successful season. Debris in one of the coolers could have dried out and hardened over lay up period causing the blockage.
The following users liked this post:
Griff (05-20-2021)
Old 05-20-2021, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
Remember on 525/600/700 its about water flow not water psi to cool the headers, etc. If your headers are getting hot thats definitely not a good scenario for header longevity, your water flow is compromised. Start from the beginning trace the lines taking each line and each cooler apart. Make a tool that your comfortable with to work thru every single cooler opening most importantly in the opposite direction of flow. Back flush each in opposite direction of flow. Take your time you will get it. Finally while at it, make sure your impeller and impeller housing are brand new and not defective for a successful season. Debris in one of the coolers could have dried out and hardened over lay up period causing the blockage.
They are not getting hot (yet). That’s what I’m trying to avoid. Believe I don’t need and want to spend $5k for headers. But I will go through the coolers. Report back what I find. Thanks