Got screwed on a boat ..Need help >

Got screwed on a boat ..Need help

Notices

Got screwed on a boat ..Need help

Old 07-05-2021, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee_Daves
Yep it's thru hull and it actually has captains choice but because the exhaust is pretty quiet on idle sitting under the water it doesn't make the biggest difference to me. I think your exhaust is located in a different spot on the the transom.
can you post a picture of your exhaust
Old 07-05-2021, 05:24 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Guitarhead
can you post a picture of your exhaust
yeah I was looking for you I don't have a good one but here's what I do have.
Old 07-05-2021, 05:25 PM
Registered

Old 07-05-2021, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 324 Likes on 126 Posts

Yep that's a nice looking set up. Looks identical to my boat. Ironically right after I bought mine thinking I wouldn't find another like it any time soon I found one being sold out of Missouri shortly after. Where to and when did you sell yours?
My boat only has the bed.
As stated earlier in the thread, I bought it new in 89 and sold it in 1992 to a dealer who later ran it through the auction in Milwaukee in spring of 93(?) Lost track of it after that. The picture I posted was in 1990 +/- when we still lived in Arizona. Ours is exactly the same colors and had same lay out in the interior. But your seats have more stripes in them, ours was a single stripe. You stated it was from the original owner? Would be interesting to know if it is actually the same boat? Ours had a repair to the stringers where the motor mounts attached after Land and Sea was done using it to test the duo prop application. I don't remember any of the18 boats being the exact same color scheme, and most had the sit down cuddy, not the single bed layout. That is why I am curious? Wish I still had something with the vin, but that was 30 years ago...
Old 07-05-2021, 06:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bajaholic
As stated earlier in the thread, I bought it new in 89 and sold it in 1992 to a dealer who later ran it through the auction in Milwaukee in spring of 93(?) Lost track of it after that. The picture I posted was in 1990 +/- when we still lived in Arizona. Ours is exactly the same colors and had same lay out in the interior. But your seats have more stripes in them, ours was a single stripe. You stated it was from the original owner? Would be interesting to know if it is actually the same boat? Ours had a repair to the stringers where the motor mounts attached after Land and Sea was done using it to test the duo prop application. I don't remember any of the18 boats being the exact same color scheme, and most had the sit down cuddy, not the single bed layout. That is why I am curious? Wish I still had something with the vin, but that was 30 years ago...
Yeah from what I was told original owner. There's one listed for sale in Wisconsin with the same but the interior was recently entirely re done so you couldn't use that to compare
Old 07-05-2021, 06:46 PM
Registered

This photo was taken off markeplace
Old 02-08-2022, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats my boat, I bought it few years ago in Michigan around Detroit. i have recently
redone interior
The following users liked this post:
Tee_Daves (02-08-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 09:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Justin Colbert
thats my boat, I bought it few years ago in Michigan around Detroit. i have recently
redone interior
I can't remember quite right... doesn't your boat have a 496 in it? What does it run? My 454 hasn't had much use in its long life. I'm thinking about pulling while it's still runs good and swapping for a 496 or 502. Any input? Seems like the 454 is tight fit in the boat and I talked to someone who had to modify the hatch to fit a 502 but wasn't sure if i could just drop in the 496.
Old 02-08-2022, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

I can't remember quite right... doesn't your boat have a 496 in it? What does it run? My 454 hasn't had much use in its long life. I'm thinking about pulling while it's still runs good and swapping for a 496 or 502. Any input? Seems like the 454 is tight fit in the boat and I talked to someone who had to modify the hatch to fit a 502 but wasn't sure if i could just drop in the 496.
Search and read. A 502 isn't necessarily bigger than a 454 physically. 9.8" deck block and most all other attributes all the same.
Any variances would be in the induction system one has on it. Maybe exhaust. That's about the only foreseeable reason to modify the hatch.
The 496 based on the GM 8100 is a different animal. Tall deck block and whatnot.
There's been recent 496 into "whatever" threads.