Lean condition on odd Cylinders - Mercruiser HP420 >

Lean condition on odd Cylinders - Mercruiser HP420

Notices

Lean condition on odd Cylinders - Mercruiser HP420

Old 07-27-2021, 02:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,234 Likes on 688 Posts

Josh, I'm betting the intake gaskets combined with the ARP bolts were the contributors.

I still cannot believe the whole thing with the Halon bottle. You spent a lot of time working closely to that grenade - go get yourself a lottery ticket!! Like I said, mine will be "carefully" removed from the boat and disposed of. I'll probably move to a Sea-Fire FM 200 automatic or something similar. Glad you and everyone else made it through unscathed!

On a related note, I couldn't find the color guide for the white gelcoat. Best bet will be to take a damaged piece and look to make a mix that closely matches. Glass Dave might have some further guidance.

The following users liked this post:
distantthunder (07-27-2021)
Old 07-27-2021, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by TomZ
Josh, I'm betting the intake gaskets combined with the ARP bolts were the contributors.

I still cannot believe the whole thing with the Halon bottle. You spent a lot of time working closely to that grenade - go get yourself a lottery ticket!! Like I said, mine will be "carefully" removed from the boat and disposed of. I'll probably move to a Sea-Fire FM 200 automatic or something similar. Glad you and everyone else made it through unscathed!

On a related note, I couldn't find the color guide for the white gelcoat. Best bet will be to take a damaged piece and look to make a mix that closely matches. Glass Dave might have some further guidance.
Thanks Tom, I emailed Formula's vintage department this morning to get the color code. Super upset about it but glad no one was injured.
TomZ (07-27-2021)
Old 07-30-2021, 12:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

glad you her got her running good!!!!!
interesting.........
distantthunder (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021, 07:24 AM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts

What was the deal with the Halon??? Old, plugged up ? You have any idea. There are a lot of older boats running around with Halon. Is this a safety issue?
distantthunder (07-31-2021)
Old 07-31-2021, 12:12 PM
Registered

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Helmwurst
What was the deal with the Halon??? Old, plugged up ? You have any idea. There are a lot of older boats running around with Halon. Is this a safety issue?
I’m not completely sure what occurred. The bottle never discharged, just exploded while underway, throwing shrapnel everywhere.

Old 08-01-2021, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 407 Likes on 241 Posts

HOLY SHINOLA !!! What the hell !?? Any Firefighters here than can chime in ? Can you find a date code anywhere?