Transom Tie down >

Transom Tie down

Notices

Transom Tie down

Old 09-22-2021, 05:23 PM
Registered

Received 75 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Transom Tie down

Anyone know where I might be able to find something like this ? I was on the transom of a 24 outlaw and I used it as a tie down on trailer, but I has seen better days and was hoping to replace with something similar that is polished SS. I was hoping to replace with something similar rather than Ubolt because the gel coat came up a little around the holes when I pulled it and a direct replacement will hide the chips. Thanks in advance.

Old 09-22-2021, 07:11 PM
Registered

Received 122 Likes on 64 Posts

Almost any local machine shop should be able to set you up real quick and probably inexpensive
Old 09-23-2021, 04:14 AM
Registered

Received 146 Likes on 80 Posts

2x2x1/4" 316 stainless steel, drill press, grinding disk ? Check metal supermarkets , they can probably cut them for you too.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:13 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts

hard to tell on the thickness from the pic but that just looks like a 2x2x3/8 aluminum angle iron that was rounded over on one side and some holes drilled....you can pickup a 2' piece of that material for around $30 and shape/drill it yourself
or find a local machine shop if you want it done super nice. You can hard-coat anodize it to help with the corrosion....or pay a bit more and go with a stainless material.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-26-2021, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts

Why not use bow eyes instead?