oil line from filter housing to cooler >

oil line from filter housing to cooler

Notices

oil line from filter housing to cooler

Old 11-21-2021, 11:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default oil line from filter housing to cooler

I'm sure its buried in a forum somewhere. I'm not upgrading my cooler yet. Just had to move my oil filter housing due to new exhaust manifold going on.
Its the short line to the top of the cooler to the oil filter housing. One side is and inverted flare and the other is a standard flare.
502 mag mpi engine.
My question is are these stock fittings JIC or AN? meaning 37degree or 45?

Last edited by es99eliminator; 11-21-2021 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-21-2021, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 828 Likes on 402 Posts

I don't believe it is JIC or AN. It looks to be some type of double flared compression fitting.
Old 11-22-2021, 05:13 AM
Registered

Rookie,

yes they are double flared but, they are both flared fittings. One is an inverted flare and the other standard flare with a long nut. Neither is a compression fitting. Its either a 37 degree or 45.
Alot of your brass low pressure fittings like HD sells are 45 degree. Some aircraft AN fittings are 45. I held and AN fitting in the flare and it seemed to seat. without a angle gauge its hard to tell.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:57 AM
Registered

Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by es99eliminator View Post
I'm sure its buried in a forum somewhere. I'm not upgrading my cooler yet. Just had to move my oil filter housing due to new exhaust manifold going on.
Its the short line to the top of the cooler to the oil filter housing. One side is and inverted flare and the other is a standard flare.
502 mag mpi engine.
My question is are these stock fittings JIC or AN? meaning 37degree or 45?

I just dealt with the same thing when adding EMI manifolds to my 502MPI's. Do yourself a favor and spend the money to just redo all of the lines, filter base, and adapter. Especially if you run your motors hard. I thought my motors were very tired and only made 32-35 psi oil pressure hot. I replaced my block adapter and lines with -10 AN fittings, a larger oil cooler, and some reasonably priced filter head/oil thermostat units mfg'd by Improved Racing via Summit Racing store. Now both motors have rock steady oil pressure when hot at 55 psi. Unbelievable how bad the factory setup is on these, quite certain the oil bypass vale in the block is constantly open sending hot/unfiltered oil through block at most times.

I can give pics and parts list if needed, actually was a pretty straight forward and neat install, even mounted the filter base inverted like factory. Have to look hard to tell it isn't stock.
The following 2 users liked this post by Gimme Fuel:
GLENAMY 242SS (11-22-2021), SB (11-22-2021)
Old 11-22-2021, 09:29 AM
Registered

Gimme Fuel,

That would be great! Fittings, hose, cooler, etc.
I just installed the EMI's as well.

Last edited by es99eliminator; 11-22-2021 at 10:21 AM.
Old 11-23-2021, 09:28 AM
Registered

Received 209 Likes on 123 Posts

https://imcomarine.com/cal_store/oil...n-filters.html
This is what I used
Old 11-23-2021, 09:36 AM
Registered

Snapmorgan,

Thanks for the info on that part. Eddie Marine has a very similar kit. They are out of it currently so I improvised.
I plan to upgrade my cooler here soon so I will be ditching the stock lines and cooler.

r,

E