Crower shaft rockers?

Notices

Crower shaft rockers?

Old 01-19-2022, 11:02 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,179 Likes on 629 Posts
Default Crower shaft rockers?

Iím at the point where Iíve got to go girdles or shaft rockers.

Option - either Crower endurance rockers OR Comp ultra pro magnums and jomar stud girdles.

Option - Crower stud girdles (4weeks out) OR [email protected] unknown production date.

My only downside to the shaft rockers is if I change out heads down the road and they wonít fit. Regardless my real question is if anybody has used the Crower girdles.
Old 01-19-2022, 11:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,715 Likes on 794 Posts

take a look at Webster Industries for girdles, Ive ran them on several engines

The following 2 users liked this post by F-2 Speedy:
mike tkach (01-20-2022), SB (01-19-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 11:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy View Post
take a look at Webster Industries for girdles, Ive ran them on several engines
I actually remember you using those. How are they when tightening down etc? My only downside to the girdles is throwing off the valve adjustments here and there while tightening the girdle. Iíd think that would be across the board with them all but maybe Iím wrong. What afr heads are those. My promaxxís evidently take the same as the afr 315ís etc. Is there a couple different gens of the afr heads. I remember hearing ev2 or something similar.

Tks for your input.
jr
Old 01-19-2022, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 176 Posts

I have the Crower pro magnum rockers and JOMAR stud girdles on AFR heads. 250 hours and so far so good. I will be doing a partial tear down and inspection this winter to check lifters.
Old 01-19-2022, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ThisIsLivin View Post
I have the Crower pro magnum rockers and JOMAR stud girdles on AFR heads. 250 hours and so far so good. I will be doing a partial tear down and inspection this winter to check lifters.
I talked with jomar last spring and theyíre good guys - in MI. I like the back door cash discount. I canít remember but I think the owner said #1114 was what I needed. Hope all looks well over the winter. The crower rockers are pricey but look like a nice piece. The comps are nice as well with a much lower price. The price is secondary to quality. Any known failures with either???
Old 01-19-2022, 12:13 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 217 Likes on 88 Posts

If you do use a stud girdle, take the time to make sure it doesn't put any pressure on your rocker studs. It may require some grinding and welding on the girdle. Back in the late 80s Reher Morrison built my top sportsman engines and that's what they would do.
Old 01-19-2022, 12:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 217 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn View Post
I talked with jomar last spring and theyíre good guys - in MI. I like the back door cash discount. I canít remember but I think the owner said #1114 was what I needed. Hope all looks well over the winter. The crower rockers are pricey but look like a nice piece. The comps are nice as well with a much lower price. The price is secondary to quality. Any known failures with either???
Up here they use the crower on all the dirt track engines. They actually use them 5 to 6 seasons. Ain't nobody harder on valvetrain than those guys.
Old 01-19-2022, 12:31 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KWright View Post
Up here they use the crower on all the dirt track engines. They actually use them 5 to 6 seasons. Ain't nobody harder on valvetrain than those guys.
Im thinking the crowers also and I can get 1.75ís for the intakes as well. Iím not one to spend the extra money on something just cause itís priced higher but they do appear to be a great rocker. Rockers are like many other parts over the years. They continually need to be reassessed as companies change, move, merge or bought out completely or even purchase over seas and machine/assm in US.

I always had great luck with Harland sharps and crane golds butÖ. Iíve got one low hour crane gold set but rather not mix up and canít find another set of so gonna go new.

Last edited by getrdunn; 01-19-2022 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-19-2022, 12:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Donít get me wrong Iíd like to get the shaft mounts but my heads are basically an R&D and not certain theyíll be long term. Possibly just not certain yet.
The following users liked this post:
KWright (01-19-2022)
Old 01-19-2022, 12:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,715 Likes on 794 Posts

Webster has all different ones for aftermarket heads, its not a one size fits all.......the ones pictured are 305's

Stud Girdles

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 01-19-2022 at 12:53 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.