what controls cranking injector pulse width >

what controls cranking injector pulse width

Notices

what controls cranking injector pulse width

Old 09-09-2022, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lush
Sorry i meant i would lose about 10 psi off of max pressure. I should have wrote down the exact #. I have checked the yellow line and the other line that dumps into the intake runner but never have seen any signs of gas.
That would have been too easy! Can you keep a FP Guage on it or plumb one on the adjustable reg? Seemed like there was no rhyme or reason with my vst acted up, would either not start or when it did it would run really rich blow just about raw fuel out of the exhaust. Also had some wires that were shorted out running into the metal box,where the ecm is, the insulation was rubbed right off causing an intermittent no start at one time. Gl with finding the issue soon.
Old 09-09-2022, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 110 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by lush
I have the diacom software ( I had the mefi pro but this is way better ) I have checked the lines more than once and put my vacuum pump on all three ports and it held vacuum but as a hell Mary i did replace the vst diaphragm and put new float needle in. Annoying its so inconsistent.
How old is your mechanical fuel pump?

Pull the mechanical fuel pump output line that goes into the VST. Place that line in a container and crank the motor over with the kill switch pulled and see how much fuel comes out of the mechanical pump. If you have lots of fuel the mechanical pump is likely ok. If not the mechanical pump might be your culprit.
The following users liked this post:
articfriends (09-13-2022)
Old 09-11-2022, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The mechanical pump is about two years old and i upgraded the suction line to 1/2" about a year and half ago. I didn't have time to do your test this weekend. Hopefully i can this coming weekend. A couple weeks ago when it was a no start again the VST can was about 1/2 - 2/3 full of gas.