Old 10-04-2022, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 125 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Cap'm Kurt
Good info, thanks alot!!
Old 10-04-2022, 02:10 PM
Registered

Pulled the intake of today, lots of moisture below the intake. Oil in the dipstick is clear and so is the oil laying in cylinder heads, valve cover breathers are very creamy also. Could be normal taking to account that weather is cold here in this time of the year, looking at the exhaust valves, in the two center ports of both sides, the valves looks much brigther, and those ofcourse are just below the riser. I am arrraid that those cmi muflers may have related to this. I definetly have to dismantle the mufflers and check the spring tension adjustment. I try to pull the cylinder head of during this week.

Old 10-04-2022, 03:38 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

The sludge. Probably reversion, reversion, reversion (moisture backing up in pulses thru the exhaust when idling, and yes while it is running). There's a million articles on this topic all over the internet and here on OSO. i even wrote one a couple years ago. Only way i completely solved it was to weld on 3" diameter alum extensions to the elbows( I use Eddie marine). I kept welding on 6" at a time until i reached 25". Only then did it stop alltogether. Talk about a difference. The oil looked so much better. And didn't smell as acidic. Also angle cut the tips of the 3" extensions. I'll see if i have pics. Other friends with bigger cams had to go about 5 more inches to get it to stop.
Old 10-04-2022, 03:44 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Look in your exhaust soon as you pull it out of the water. If it looks like this. Reversion.

Old 10-04-2022, 03:53 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

I went to +3 elbows on my Eddie Marine exhaust and have no issue with reversion (509 dyno 530hp), and I'm using turn downs
Old 10-04-2022, 04:00 PM
Registered
VIP Member

These resonators will stop the reversion also, but i didn't want the restriction.

Old 10-04-2022, 04:07 PM
Registered
VIP Member

picture of the 3 inch aluminum exhaust extensions to prevent reversion

Old 10-04-2022, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by Cap'm Kurt
picture of the 3 inch aluminum exhaust extensions to prevent reversion
Not to argue, but those don't look like +3 "higher" elbows, they are 3 inch long tubes that extend the water out further.

This what I was talking about. They are 3 inch higher then stock and water doesn't come out until end of tube
https://www.eddiemarine.com/shop/exh...risers-emi-552
The following users liked this post:
speicher lane (10-04-2022)
Old 10-04-2022, 08:00 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Originally Posted by JaniH
Pulled the intake of today, lots of moisture below the intake. Oil in the dipstick is clear and so is the oil laying in cylinder heads, valve cover breathers are very creamy also. Could be normal taking to account that weather is cold here in this time of the year, looking at the exhaust valves, in the two center ports of both sides, the valves looks much brigther, and those ofcourse are just below the riser. I am arrraid that those cmi muflers may have related to this. I definetly have to dismantle the mufflers and check the spring tension adjustment. I try to pull the cylinder head of during this week.
Maybe a head bolt or stud leaking water ? Or valve guide ? Or intake gasket ? An actual pcv can help if there are no leaks, but i suspect one..
Old 10-05-2022, 05:01 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Maybe a head bolt or stud leaking water ? Or valve guide ? Or intake gasket ? An actual pcv can help if there are no leaks, but i suspect one..
New gen6 502 block, head bolt holes should be blind. What i did notice, is that i forgot to use any sealant in the cylinder head side of the intake gaskets around the coooling passages, but there was permatex in the intake side of the gaskets. Damn!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.