Gale Banks manifolds >

Gale Banks manifolds

Notices

Gale Banks manifolds

Old 11-25-2022, 02:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gale Banks manifolds

Hi I sourced these way over here in New Zealand, wondering if anyone knows exactly what they are? I was hoping they may have been designed for a twin turbo application....if so, anyone know of suitable turbos that would fit relatively easily? The engine is mild marinised 454 that I'm turning a Hamilton 1031 jet with, so unfortunately my power band range is 3400rpm max, hence why I'm looking at a low boost turbo option as the poor old big block isn't making much power there, have toyed with the idea of different heads, stroking etc, but turbos could be fun. Fuel wise it's running a 3310 vac sec on top of a Edelbrock II manifold, could modify this to be blow through or change to a fitech/sniper or similar ....thanks for any ideas
Adam
Old 12-03-2022, 06:57 PM
Registered

Received 170 Likes on 105 Posts

If your limited to 3400rpm you might be better off with blower. To get anything worthwhile out of turbos at that rpm they're going to have to be on the small side so they can spool up.
Old 12-03-2022, 07:24 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,116 Likes on 1,403 Posts

Such a low rpm will be tough on engine parts (rods/pistons/etc, etc )too.

Why can’t you raise rpm ?
The following 2 users liked this post by SB:
Bondo (12-04-2022), underpsi68 (12-03-2022)