Electrical issues >

Electrical issues

Notices

Electrical issues

Old 04-24-2023, 03:42 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Electrical issues

Bit of a weird one but I was removing my plugs and when I went to put the plug wrench on it sparked like shorting. So I switched the battery’s off, should have done that in the first place I know.
now the buzzer is constantly going with the ignition on but not running and when running, my shore charger won’t turn on just says DC high voltage fault. Then I went to test the fault codes and the brown and white wire that you use the led trick for isn’t working, tested the live and it was live.
anyone have any diagrams?
Old 04-24-2023, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 477 Likes on 372 Posts

Look around the plug that first had the spark for another wire nearby that has insulation chaffed, or the wrench touched a hot rear like the Alternator or Starter
Old 04-24-2023, 04:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by AllDodge
Look around the plug that first had the spark for another wire nearby that has insulation chaffed, or the wrench touched a hot rear like the Alternator or Starter
I’m pretty sure I must have touched the altibator without realising, only thing I could have done. But I need to find out what I shorted to do that to the shore power and to make to alarm sound constantly
Old 04-24-2023, 05:14 PM
Registered

What would cause the brown and white mil switched groups wire from the ecm to become useless? Fried ecm?
Old 04-25-2023, 07:13 AM
Registered

I unplugging all the sensors individually and all together and they stayed on, then I unplugged this and they went off. That with the brown and white wire from DLC to ECM (switched ground) not working could my ECM be fried?