velvet drive shift problem

Notices

velvet drive shift problem

Old 05-09-2023, 05:56 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfarmer
Can a remote filter be added? What would you recommend?
We have never tried it. In general the transmission doesn't make particles until something breaks.
I will say we use an Oberg filter on our transmission dyno.
The following users liked this post:
Falcon (05-09-2023)
Old 05-10-2023, 05:07 PM
Registered

Received 909 Likes on 326 Posts

stuck a magnet down in it and there are no chunks but a lot of very fine metallic sludge in the bottom so guess I will pull it apart. other one is so clean inside you could eat off it. so Marc, do you have a rebuild kit for these? if so what do I order it under
thanks
Old 05-10-2023, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
stuck a magnet down in it and there are no chunks but a lot of very fine metallic sludge in the bottom so guess I will pull it apart. other one is so clean inside you could eat off it. so Marc, do you have a rebuild kit for these? if so what do I order it under
thanks

This is why im going to add a remote filter... my trans had all that crud in the bottom also. I have all the part Numbers on the clutch plates and steels... how much power are you running?
Old 05-10-2023, 06:49 PM
Registered

Received 909 Likes on 326 Posts

should be around 800 but going in a 30 Chris Cat so while a little heavy it will air out and the transmissions wont see the same kind of stress that a big vee bottom puts on one. the only question I have with a filter is if it would effect pressure to the cooler? the oberg filter is really just a screen so probably not much restriction, we ran them on the dry sump systems on the open class and unlimited engines. wonder if a filter like a oil filter would change the way the pressure relief in the valve would act. how much pressure goes to the cooler itself on these. in the manual it shows where to check the running pressure but that is not what dumps off to the cooler.