imco exhaust polished or not ?

Notices

imco exhaust polished or not ?

Old 01-26-2003, 07:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default imco exhaust polished or not ?

does anyone have experience with the polished or non polished (black) units ? i heard that the polished units start to corode up and the black manifolds are coated and don't have this problem, i boat in fresh water. any opinons?
Old 01-26-2003, 09:50 PM
Team Dysfunctional
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there I hope all is well To bad that you had to work tonight you missed a good time at John's

There shouldn't be any reason the you couldn't polish up the black manifolds. the one thing I would assume that it would be more maintenance to keep them looking good unless you clear them, but then you have the possibility of the clear coat to turn yellow over time. I had polished aluminum valve cover from that shop that built my motor early last year. ( due to a gag order I cant say there name) . they looked great for a week or two and then they just looked like s*!t from then on till I ripped them off and junked them. I like maintenance free boating. spending time polishing a blower or valve covers is time that could be spent on the water. Keep in touch

paul