Teague Tips with B&M 250 SC >

Teague Tips with B&M 250 SC

Notices

Teague Tips with B&M 250 SC

Old 02-12-2003, 06:11 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Teague Tips with B&M 250 SC

I was going to jump into the middle of a previous post but some of those in the know already chimed in so I will start a new one.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=43221

Seems to be a divergence of opinion and I would like to know.

Can Teague tips (or any tip which blocks of part off the flow and diverts the exhaust/water to the outer diameter of the tip) be used with a B&M SC and if so up to what RPM using 5lbs. boost? Would cruising at 3000 to 3200 be OK or would this cause excessive heat? These tips in a NA motor are generally advised to not be use above around 3200 to 3500 in the closed position. What about idleing? Should they be open or closed to help prevent reversion? Lightning headers and cam of around 236/242 on 114 cl.

Tim T.

Last edited by BadDog; 02-12-2003 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:32 PM
blown1500

cpqtim, I am not familiar with Teague Tips. They can probably tell you what you need to know. However, cruise at 3,000-3,500rpm won't be a problem with the blower unless it would be without one. When you are cruising, a good motor will be in vacuum, not boost so the blower is just along for the ride. Only when you are on the throtle far enough to make boost does the blower make much difference. Good cam choice. Crane 741?

Old 02-12-2003, 10:58 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would call teaque but I know that I have run my engines with the tips closed up to 4800rpm's. I would think that the bigest issue would be your cam choice but give them a call. I love mine.
Old 02-12-2003, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call Teague. I am sure they will not reccomend it but I can tell you it has been done. I run a 525cu 1071 blower and have done it. Biggest issue I have is back pressure causing high water pressure. I blew a water hose from the raw water pump to power steering cooler last year running my Teague Mufflers closed. I only run a water pressure gauge for testing and will actually see how high water pressure goes later this year. Never any issue with reversion. I run more cam than you are and mine idles better with them shut than open. I run CMI Elbow top exhaust. I like mine because I don't run with them shut that often. If I ran with them shut at those RPM's most of the time I think I would go with a full time muffler with less restriction. Just my .02
Old 02-13-2003, 04:15 AM
Registered

That sounds reasonable. Yes, the cam will probably be a 741. Package not assembled yet and I have not selected the cam. I was going to get some recommendations from Crane and then post them here to see what the board thinks. US1 Fountain ran the 741 with good results so I did not want to deviate from his setup without a good reason. From reading about the crossover setups it seems there may be some considerations with water pressure. Not quite sure how to address this yet. Thanks for the info.

Tim T.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:08 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tim,
I'm sure you are aware of this, but the cam card sheet I gave you was for my motor, a GenV. If I recall correctly, yours is a Gen6? So will have to order the 741 cam accordingly.
Jerry
Old 02-13-2003, 06:39 AM
Registered

Jerry,
Noticed that, looks like it should be 168741. Looks like about the same cam.
http://dab7.cranecams.com/SpecCard/D...1=Display+Card
http://dab7.cranecams.com/SpecCard/D...1=Display+Card

Several degrees different on the cam timing.
I need to check with Crane to see if I can retain the stock lifters.

Tim T.
Old 02-13-2003, 06:47 AM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Canada Jeff,
Nice idea on the hole saw setup.
Using the 4" for a pilot, ehh!
Thanks, Russ
Old 02-13-2003, 07:46 AM
blown1500

Crane has changed the printed specs for the 741 grind. Still the same cam. All the 741's are the same grind, just different cores to fit the different blocks. That is probably the best over-the-counter all purpose go-fast cam I know of. If your lifters are in good shape, I would re-use them. I have many times and had no problems. Be sure to use good springs.

Old 02-13-2003, 03:55 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, use the correct springs too!
And don't pay the builder in St. Louis to install new ones, only to have your old originals glass beaded and reinstalled with a bunch of shims under them.

Guess maybe by beading them, it makes them new, huh?!

Quick Reply: Teague Tips with B&M 250 SC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.